Windows 10: Windows Update KB5003637 is continually causing problems. How can I block it from reinstalling?

Discus and support Windows Update KB5003637 is continually causing problems. How can I block it from reinstalling? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 64-bit custom-build keeps installing Windows Update KB5003637. Each time, the Information Center on the lower right of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DominickCritelli, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Windows Update KB5003637 is continually causing problems. How can I block it from reinstalling?

My Windows 10 64-bit custom-build keeps installing Windows Update KB5003637. Each time, the Information Center on the lower right of the screen DISAPPEARS; and then sporadically reemerges with mostly gibberish. I've uninstalled KB5003637 TWICE, so far. However, Windows dutifully continues to reinstall it via Windows Update, and the same problem then returns. It takes an hour each time to uninstall the update, and I've paused Windows Updates for the greatest delay possible. Is there a way to permanently PREVENT Windows Update KB5003637 from reinstalling? I know that I am not the first one to ex

:)

DominickCritelli, Jun 16, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update KB5003637 is continually causing problems. How can I block it from reinstalling? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Windows Update KB5003637 is continually causing problems. How can I block it from reinstalling?

firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update KB5003637 is continually causing problems. How can I block it from reinstalling?

1. Windows Update KB5003637 is continually causing problems. How can I block it from reinstalling? - Similar Threads - Update KB5003637 continually

2. How can I stop the popup that continually blocks my notifications area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop the popup that continually blocks my notifications area?: There is a pop up that is absolutely annoying that blocks my notification area nearly 95% of the time. The popup contains current status and connection optimization question. Does this need to be popping up all the time???...
  3. How can I stop the popup that continually blocks my notifications area?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop the popup that continually blocks my notifications area?: There is a pop up that is absolutely annoying that blocks my notification area nearly 95% of the time. The popup contains current status and connection optimization question. Does this need to be popping up all the time???...
  4. What causes continuous typing of “+” and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes continuous typing of “+” and how can I fix it?: My computer is typing “+” continuously. It has persisted despite: Unplugging my wired K740 keyboard & restarting. Plugging in a different keyboard & restarting. Turning off my wireless mouse and removing the dongle. Going into airplane mode, no internet, no Bluetooth, AND no...
  5. What causes continuous typing of “+” and how can I fix it?

What causes continuous typing of “+” and how can I fix it?: My computer is typing “+” continuously. It has persisted despite: Unplugging my wired K740 keyboard & restarting. Plugging in a different keyboard & restarting. Turning off my wireless mouse and removing the dongle. Going into airplane mode, no internet, no Bluetooth, AND no...
  6. Can reinstaling or upgading windows cause problems.

Can reinstaling or upgading windows cause problems.: I am a windows 7 sp1 user and i want to install windows 7 64 bit sp3 or other service pack or upgrade to windows 10/ 11. My hard drive is 500 gband 116 out of 146 gb of 1st partition windows partition is already filled.i would have to take a backup in my hard drive of 50 gb...
  7. Can reinstaling or upgading windows cause problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can reinstaling or upgading windows cause problems.: I am a windows 7 sp1 user and i want to install windows 7 64 bit sp3 or other service pack or upgrade to windows 10/ 11. My hard drive is 500 gband 116 out of 146 gb of 1st partition windows partition is already filled.i would have to take a backup in my hard drive of 50 gb...
  8. KB5003637 is causing ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR" in Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    KB5003637 is causing ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR" in Visual Studio: Hello,After installing the KB5003637 windows update, Visual Studio is throwing an ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR in web browsers . There is some issue with this update ?Thank you in advance...
  9. Windows 10 Update Problems with KB5003637

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Problems with KB5003637: Hello everyone, I found this forum while having an update problem with Windows 10 (Build 19042.867) and hope that someone here can help me fixing it. I cannot install the current Windows 10 update KB5003637. The update installs and reaches 100% but then stops with the error...
  10. How can I prevent the Microsoft Store from updating continuously?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I prevent the Microsoft Store from updating continuously?: I tried many times such as: Using an available tool like wsreset.exe, then reinstalling Microsoft Store still does not work, even I reset Microsoft Store still cannot. When I click on the Get Updates button, there are updates coming out. Although it has already updated, but...