Windows 10: Windows Update keeps breaking mainstream encryption software boot loader on startup

Discus and support Windows Update keeps breaking mainstream encryption software boot loader on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The password prompt boot loader system is broken after Windows Update, and I need to manually select the EFI file. Is there a way that I can manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Simple Tech User, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows Update keeps breaking mainstream encryption software boot loader on startup

The password prompt boot loader system is broken after Windows Update, and I need to manually select the EFI file. Is there a way that I can manually change the boot file back to the encryption software boot loader password prompt file?

The err code is 0xc000000f. I am not sure they are zeros or letter Os.

THANK YOU!

:)

Simple Tech User, Mar 13, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+from+the+DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows Update keeps breaking mainstream encryption software boot loader on startup

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update keeps breaking mainstream encryption software boot loader on startup

1. Windows Update keeps breaking mainstream encryption software boot loader on startup - Similar Threads - Update keeps breaking

2. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  3. Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader: So earlier I was doing edits on some pictures in Lightroom, when the program began to lag, and after a while a black square popped up in the middle of my screen and my PC blue screened. I let it gather the information, and eventually it rebooted but once it rebooted it was...
  4. Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader: So earlier I was doing edits on some pictures in Lightroom, when the program began to lag, and after a while a black square popped up in the middle of my screen and my PC blue screened. I let it gather the information, and eventually it rebooted but once it rebooted it was...
  5. Windows 11 Keeps Breaking AMD Adrenalin Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Keeps Breaking AMD Adrenalin Software: First, I do want to mention that I do have a unique laptop in that it's an ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU, an RX Vega 10 integrated chip, & an Nvidia GeForce 1660 Ti GFX. With the Nvidia software, the drivers are never downgraded, no issues when I update...
  6. Windows 11 Keeps Breaking AMD Adrenalin Software

Windows 11 Keeps Breaking AMD Adrenalin Software: First, I do want to mention that I do have a unique laptop in that it's an ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU, an RX Vega 10 integrated chip, & an Nvidia GeForce 1660 Ti GFX. With the Nvidia software, the drivers are never downgraded, no issues when I update...
  7. boot loader startup speed on Windows 10 delete the entry Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot loader startup speed on Windows 10 delete the entry Ubuntu?: How can the boot loader on Windows 10 be set to Windows Boot loader do [ATTACH] [ATTACH] only delete the entry Ubuntu which is visible in BIOS at the startup priority [ATTACH] [ATTACH] That even with Windows 10 the menu that you press...
  8. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  9. Latest windows update breaks software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update breaks software: Latest Windoze update has broken some certificate or security systems. What is the patch for 1809 that replaces KB4073291 for 1709? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-update-breaks-software/2b46d7d7-caef-4cd7-86c8-535ea87af0f4
  10. Encryption software

Encryption software: Not a national security issue, but I have a couple of files that I'd like to encryption so casual users, like a friend a my party who wants to search the web for something, would not see it accidentally. Preferably something free and easy to use. Any suggestions?