Windows 10: Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing'

Discus and support Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Small office, 6 PC's, Windows Server would be overkill Instead we user a 'server' running Windows 10 Pro. It runs several accounting and quoting apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daxtrajero, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing'

Small office, 6 PC's, Windows Server would be overkill

Instead we user a 'server' running Windows 10 Pro. It runs several accounting and quoting apps that share their folders on the LAN

Every few months, Windows 10 Pro updates itself, which happens at the end of the working day. First thing next day we find "Public folder sharing" has been turned OFF, and "Turn On Password Protected Sharing" has been switched to ON. This is very frustrating for the non-IT literate members of the LAN, who are unable to resolve the issue when I'm not in the office.

I was wondering if a more permanent alternative method could be used, that is unaffected by Windows 10 updates?

:)

daxtrajero, Sep 6, 2019

2. Disable public folders

Hi,

A Public folder can be beneficial if regular users have restricted access to specific folders. As you've mentioned, you wanted to at least have the Public folder disabled or turned-off since you were the only user on your computer. To do this,
    please follow the steps below:

• Type Network and Sharing Center in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Select on Change advanced sharing settings option located on the left-side of the window.

Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing' 9f1aeb31-764a-4177-bca1-9519b37541ef.jpg

• Click on All Networks.

Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing' 3e649bbd-1d51-4e32-a9b2-63a2572ee70d.jpg

• Under Public folder sharing, select Turn off Public folder sharing, then click on
      Save changes.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Lymbo Win User
    Disable public folders

Turn off Public folder sharing

Its already off.

public folder sharing means that other computers can access my public folders, that is one of the things i found when researching this, and it was already off.

What i want is a way to disable these folders so that not even i can use them, or at least all my programs use the private folder, instead of the public one.

i`m almost going back to win7 due to these small but constant annoyances, most i`ve been able to solve, but not this one

Lymbo, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing'

sharing Public folder

I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the
    base computer can't be found on the new machine. How do I do this?

DavidWilson505, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing'

1. Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing' - Similar Threads - update keeps disabling

2. Network sharing available for public folders, but not private folder. Password Protected...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network sharing available for public folders, but not private folder. Password Protected...: Hi. I have tried to get help from Microsoft regarding this issue to no avail. I have 2 microsoft laptops, both running the most updated version of windows 10. They are on the same network. They are both visible in the other file explorer. I can access the public folders...
  3. Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

Sharing Public Folders on windows 10: I have asked this before and have not received any replies. I'll try again. I have spent over 6 hours on this issue and have read and tried all the standard file/folder sharing solutions. I have a basic WIRED home network. 3 dell computers, 2 running windows 10 pro and 1...
  4. How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Everybody with a Windows 10 computer would have noticed sometimes that the Windows operating […] This article How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  6. Public Sharing

Public Sharing: I have three machines on a wired home network, all running Windows 10 1909. All three are part of the same Workgroup, all three have Public Sharing turned on, yet Istill can't get this to work properly. Machine's One and Two won't show any other connected machines. Machine...
  7. sharing Public folder

sharing Public folder: I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the base computer can't be...
  8. Folders show as 'Shared'. How to disable Sharing?

Folders show as 'Shared'. How to disable Sharing?: Seems some system folders are showing the 'Shared' icon in the lower-left of the window. Does anyone know how to disable file and folder sharing across the OS? (P.S. Think I've asked this before but nobody provided a solution that yielded any results). Attachment 213096...
  9. disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10

in Windows 10 Support
    disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10: Hi, I know how to disable Network Discovery or File and Printer Sharing via the following command lines: netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=no netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=no But...
  10. Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 [img] Information The Public folders are a convenient way to share files on your computer. You can share files in the Public folders with other people...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 public fo;der sharing wont turn on