Windows 10: windows update keeps failing

Discus and support windows update keeps failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi ive tried updating my laptop im using windows 10 .ive tried about 5 times but keeps saying Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Markwafer, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Markwafer Win User

windows update keeps failing

hi ive tried updating my laptop im using windows 10 .ive tried about 5 times but keeps saying Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x80073712.so can anyone help please.

:)

Markwafer, Apr 28, 2021
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Apr 28, 2021
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 28, 2021
  4. windows update keeps failing

Windows Update keeps failing!

Yea, that was going to be my next suggestion, if "Safe mode" did not work... I didn't want to scare him just yet.. *Toast :toast: There is a new feature in Windows 8 that will let you go back to a fresh install with just a few clicks. It should help a lot non pro's to start over fresh. *Toast :toast: But this is no help to him.. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

windows update keeps failing

1. windows update keeps failing - Similar Threads - update keeps failing

2. Windows keeps failing to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps failing to update: Hello! I am using windows 11 pro 22H2 version. There appear to be 3 updates available in the update checker. But when I try to update them I get Installation error - 0x80070103. Even though I ran the update troubleshooter many times, I could not solve any problems.The updates...
  3. Windows update keeps failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing: Hi team, I am unable to update my windows 11 Please find the attached file for your reference 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5019980...
  4. Windows Update keeps failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps failing: Whenever I try to update it prompts "We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer” this has been happening for a while now but I noticed my Windows Update button is greyed out. Any solutions to the problems mentioned?...
  5. Windows Update keeps failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update keeps failing: Whenever I try to update it prompts "We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer” this has been happening for a while now but I noticed my Windows Update button is greyed out. Any solutions to the problems mentioned?...
  6. Windows Update keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update keeps failing

Windows update keeps failing: My computer has been trying to update for a good long time now and it always keeps failing. It's especially annoying as it always tries to update on every restart which means I can't use my computer for 30-45 minutes. I can't pause updates anymore and my computer now takes...
  8. windows keeps failing to update

windows keeps failing to update: I have been on windows 1909 and i have been trying to update windows to the 21H1 but it has failed every time i get the notice to restart my computer.I try to look up solutions but no dice, i do not know what to do now about it....
  9. Windows Update Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Keeps Failing: So as the title says, my Windows machine keeps failing to update. This has been going on for about a month. I suspect it was possibly caused by me not having enough available space on my HD the first time I attempted the update, but that is just a guess. I'm running Windows...
  10. Windows Update KEEPS FAILING

Windows Update KEEPS FAILING: Install error - 0x800703f1 And anytime i try to update a driver from device manager it always fails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-keeps-failing/3b1dff19-7e3c-45e8-97dc-58a7b44df136