Windows 10: Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

Discus and support Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am tired of having my Desktop machine hang/freeze etc. when doing Windows Updates, which seem to happen every week. I wish I could just shut off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruth-EllenFlanagan, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

I am tired of having my Desktop machine hang/freeze etc. when doing Windows Updates, which seem to happen every week. I wish I could just shut off Windows Updates. If you insist on making us do all of these updates, then they cannot take two days to run. You are pushing me closer and closer to getting rid of my Windows Desktop. I am running Windows 10 64 bit on an HP computer.

:)

Ruth-EllenFlanagan, Nov 8, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

Windows update hangs

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the Visual C++ updates are updating constantly number of time again and again. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Start and type Programs and features.
    • Select all the listed programs with the Microsoft Visual C++
      and Uninstall them.

If restart is prompted Suggest you to restart. If not, after the Uninstall is done
    Go ahead and check for the updates in Windows Updates and install the updates for Microsoft Visual C++
    and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

1. Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop - Similar Threads - Update keeps Hanging

2. my new laptop keep hanging at the desktop screen and unable to continue after window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new laptop keep hanging at the desktop screen and unable to continue after window update: Hi While I setting up the new laptop, i updated window. After this window update, the laptop is hanging at the desktop screen and unable to do further action. Tried to power off and on and let it auto-fix, the problem persist. pleased help. Thank you....
  3. my new laptop keep hanging at the desktop screen and unable to continue after window update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new laptop keep hanging at the desktop screen and unable to continue after window update: Hi While I setting up the new laptop, i updated window. After this window update, the laptop is hanging at the desktop screen and unable to do further action. Tried to power off and on and let it auto-fix, the problem persist. pleased help. Thank you....
  4. My Core i3 windows 10 keeps hanging!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Core i3 windows 10 keeps hanging!: I really need help on what to do please. My laptop is less than a year and yet I have constantly had issues with it, I don't even have heavy weight apps and it still does this. Please what can I do? Thank you....
  5. My Core i3 windows 10 keeps hanging!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Core i3 windows 10 keeps hanging!: I really need help on what to do please. My laptop is less than a year and yet I have constantly had issues with it, I don't even have heavy weight apps and it still does this. Please what can I do? Thank you....
  6. My Core i3 windows 10 keeps hanging!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting: So last night I updated and shutdown my laptop, Then, the next day when I turned my laptop on, I noticed that my desktop is different, such as the background, icons, and so I did a lot of personalizing to make it look as it usually is and after I'm done playing some games I...
  8. Explore.exe keeps hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explore.exe keeps hanging: Explorer.exe keeps hanging after every restart, login and even after system restart it hangs. I have tried killing and restarting from task manager but it hangs again. Please help...
  9. Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings: The most recent Windows 10 update, at the end of August, has caused my laptop's desktop to reset each time I turn on or restart the system. Most of the desktop icons disappear and the background reverts to the default Windows image. On top of that, it seems that all of my...
  10. Outlook keeps hanging

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps hanging: I am having troubles with Outlook 2010 and 2016 hanging every time I try to use them. I have uninstalled Outlook 2010 and installed Outlook 2016. I am also having troubles with any other application that I am using. Is there a fix in the system for this type of problem? and...