Windows 10: Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

Discus and support Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am tired of having my Desktop machine hang/freeze etc. when doing Windows Updates, which seem to happen every week. I wish I could just shut off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruth-EllenFlanagan, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:42 PM.

1. Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

I am tired of having my Desktop machine hang/freeze etc. when doing Windows Updates, which seem to happen every week. I wish I could just shut off Windows Updates. If you insist on making us do all of these updates, then they cannot take two days to run. You are pushing me closer and closer to getting rid of my Windows Desktop. I am running Windows 10 64 bit on an HP computer.

:)

Ruth-EllenFlanagan, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:42 PM
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:45 PM
  4. Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

Windows update hangs

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the Visual C++ updates are updating constantly number of time again and again. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Start and type Programs and features.
    • Select all the listed programs with the Microsoft Visual C++
      and Uninstall them.

If restart is prompted Suggest you to restart. If not, after the Uninstall is done
    Go ahead and check for the updates in Windows Updates and install the updates for Microsoft Visual C++
    and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:45 PM
Thema:

Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop

1. Windows Update keeps Hanging my Desktop - Similar Threads - Update keeps Hanging

2. Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing: This happens to me every so often for years i thought it was a graphics driver from nvidia But for some reason it starting happening every 5-10 minutes the computer is unusable So when i started going through my file folders it happened faster and faster and when i...
  3. Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings: The most recent Windows 10 update, at the end of August, has caused my laptop's desktop to reset each time I turn on or restart the system. Most of the desktop icons disappear and the background reverts to the default Windows image. On top of that, it seems that all of my...
  4. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  5. My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.: Whenever I download an image such as a png or jpeg my desktop, taskbar, and open folders refreshes and it is quite annoying. Some help would be very appreciated....
  6. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  7. Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?: I bought an HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 in July 2018. After like 2 days, my computer updated and was resarting, the hp logo finished loading but the screen remained black. I waited hours because I thought it was just loading and I should give it a chance. Nope,...
  8. Outlook keeps hanging

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps hanging: I am having troubles with Outlook 2010 and 2016 hanging every time I try to use them. I have uninstalled Outlook 2010 and installed Outlook 2016. I am also having troubles with any other application that I am using. Is there a fix in the system for this type of problem? and...
  9. My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting: My dell laptop has been misbehaving and its so frustrating. You can't move when using it because you move a certain way and it goes off. There's a way that you touch the bottom- for lack of a better word and it goes off and restarts and so does the screen. Then there are...
  10. Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update: Hello PC hang when I load it after the last update. The desktop is showed and PC start to load item from the toolbar ( the one next the clock). 2 application are loaded then system is hanged. Cursor is displaying a small circle and that it I could load PC in safe mode....