Windows 10: Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?

Discus and support Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought an HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 in July 2018. After like 2 days, my computer updated and was resarting, the hp logo finished loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hn20hn, Sep 12, 2018.

1. hn20hn Win User

Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop?

I bought an HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020 in July 2018. After like 2 days, my computer updated and was resarting, the hp logo finished loading but the screen remained black. I waited hours because I thought it was just loading and I should give it a chance. Nope, nothing was happening so I went back to return the computer.

Got a different one, same model because I thought the first one was faulty. Then after a few days of use my new one started behaving the same way. I googled and found out that it was not a problem with the pc, but a problem with the WIndows update. So, I went back to the previous version of windows and everything worked fine. This was around mid july. I avoided all major updates by windows for more than one month but somehow this got past me today and windows needed to update. Unsurprisingly I was faced with the same black and unresponsive screen as it was in the process of restarting many times during the update. Ok, I'll just go back to the previous version of windows. So i restarted the pc 3 times, got the setting to come up,yadahyahdah. When I chose the option to go back to the previous option of windows, it said "getting ready to go bacK"... then just directs me back to the troubleshooting setting once again. I repeated this process many times. It didn't do anything. At this point, I wanted to throw the computer out the window but my conscious mind chose to reset. When the reset process hit 54% it said "failed to reset" and all I can do was click cancel, then it directed my back to the troubleshoot setting. I have tried to troubleshoot the windows update problem, but it said there was an error while trying to do that.

Please help me before my rage takes over. thanks.

:)

hn20hn, Sep 12, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 12, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 12, 2018
  4. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update keeps messing up my new desktop? - Similar Threads - update keeps messing

2. New OneDrive "FEATURE" totaly messed up my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New OneDrive "FEATURE" totaly messed up my desktop: Hi....i am so happy that i accidentaly allowed onedrive synch. Now my Desktop and all icons are messed up. How to recover from that? I dont want any synch and i accidentaly allowed it when turning on my PC they my PC lagged for good 10 minutes because it started synching...
  3. New OneDrive "FEATURE" totaly messed up my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New OneDrive "FEATURE" totaly messed up my desktop: Hi....i am so happy that i accidentaly allowed onedrive synch. Now my Desktop and all icons are messed up. How to recover from that? I dont want any synch and i accidentaly allowed it when turning on my PC they my PC lagged for good 10 minutes because it started synching...
  4. New OneDrive "FEATURE" totaly messed up my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Windows 11 Update messed up my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Update messed up my audio: I updated my Windows 11 to Version 22H and now my audio is bugged and will go soft then loud constantly. I tried unplugging then replugging in my headphones, tried using earbuds but it's still the same.Everything I have tried doesn't work, tried muting then unmuting but it...
  6. New Windows 11 Update messed up my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 Update messed up my audio: I updated my Windows 11 to Version 22H and now my audio is bugged and will go soft then loud constantly. I tried unplugging then replugging in my headphones, tried using earbuds but it's still the same.Everything I have tried doesn't work, tried muting then unmuting but it...
  7. New windows ten update messed up my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows ten update messed up my files: Hello there! As you know a new version if windows was released and everyone had updated to that version but something is really off with it. My files arent in the right places anymore and things with my home screen have been enlarged i fixed that and my laptop is just acting...
  8. New windows update messed up my function keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New windows update messed up my function keys: So like other laptops my f1-12 keys are tied to changing things. (F1 mutes volume, F11 dims brightness, ect.) But after my laptop updated last night now to use any of these keys I have to hold the function button to get them to work. Is there a way to change this? Or am I...
  9. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  10. Windows has messed up my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows has messed up my desktop: I was messing around in the notification area and all of sudden my desktop has changed, every app I've opened takes full screen, and won't restore down, they will minimize. All the desktop icons are hidden, there's something similar to the start menu on the left side of the...