Windows 10: windows update keeps reverting me to an old cpu driver

Discus and support windows update keeps reverting me to an old cpu driver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Intel driver support assistant gave me a notification to update my cpu driver, so I updated it After that any windows updates would cause the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxkhtb, Sep 4, 2022.

1. windows update keeps reverting me to an old cpu driver

Intel driver support assistant gave me a notification to update my cpu driver, so I updated it

After that any windows updates would cause the Intel driver to be reverted to the older driver, and then I would get the Intel update notification again ( a never ending loop)

What can I do about it?

submitted by /u/maxkhtb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxkhtb, Sep 4, 2022

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Constantine Yevseyev, Sep 4, 2022
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

Have you followed their advice? Install one update at a time and reboot after each one. It's a long process, but if that's the solution, and you want a working laptop, I see no other option.

As for a windows 8.1 iso, it's easy. I literally did this 2 weeks ago to my PC.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

EDIT: Also, if you go direct to HP, they actually tell you to go into the BIOS, disabled "Secure boot" run the updates and reboot, and then turn "Secure boot" back on. Have you done as HP suggested?

RCoon, Sep 4, 2022
  4. Josef Bri Win User

windows update keeps reverting me to an old cpu driver

Windows 10 Creators Update

Thank you for your reply. Have you tried just uninstalling the sound driver and restarting your PC? If yes, what we suggest is reverting back to the old update for Windows. Below are the steps on how to revert back to the previous Windows update:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.

The steps will be a workaround to have the issue fixed on your PC.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Sep 4, 2022
Thema:

windows update keeps reverting me to an old cpu driver

1. windows update keeps reverting me to an old cpu driver - Similar Threads - update keeps reverting

2. Windows keep revert to the old version of graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep revert to the old version of graphics driver: The latest version of my graphic driver is IntelR Iris R Xe Graphics Version: 31.0.101.4577, but the windows keep using the old version which is IntelR Iris R Xe Graphics Version: 30.0.101.1994. I tried many ways to prevent windows revert to the old driver version but is not...
  3. Windows keep revert to the old version of graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep revert to the old version of graphics driver: The latest version of my graphic driver is IntelR Iris R Xe Graphics Version: 31.0.101.4577, but the windows keep using the old version which is IntelR Iris R Xe Graphics Version: 30.0.101.1994. I tried many ways to prevent windows revert to the old driver version but is not...
  4. Windows update reverting my AMD GPU drivers to the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update reverting my AMD GPU drivers to the old one?: Hi good people.I have upgraded to Win11 Pro at last and wanted to install new drivers for my Lenovo laptop with AMD Ryzen 4800u. Download, install, restart and everything is working fine. Even AMD Adrenaline is working correctly. Windows update check, it downloads my old...
  5. Windows update reverting my AMD GPU drivers to the old one?

Windows update reverting my AMD GPU drivers to the old one?: Hi good people.I have upgraded to Win11 Pro at last and wanted to install new drivers for my Lenovo laptop with AMD Ryzen 4800u. Download, install, restart and everything is working fine. Even AMD Adrenaline is working correctly. Windows update check, it downloads my old...
  6. Windows Update Reverting to very old Intel Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Reverting to very old Intel Graphics driver: I have an HP Envy with IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHzI am running Windows 11 21H2 build 22000.593 I have Intel UHD Graphics 620 installed, currently version 30.0.101.1660 3/8/2022Whenever Intel updates the driver within hours Windows Update wants to intall...
  7. Windows Update Reverting to very old Intel Graphics driver

Windows Update Reverting to very old Intel Graphics driver: I have an HP Envy with IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHzI am running Windows 11 21H2 build 22000.593 I have Intel UHD Graphics 620 installed, currently version 30.0.101.1660 3/8/2022Whenever Intel updates the driver within hours Windows Update wants to intall...
  8. Windows Keeps reverting back to old changes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps reverting back to old changes.: So I've just switched off from 1798 x 1080p to native resolution. And when I did it just switched me back or made my monitor run at 60hz which is bs since i know that It can handle 75hz on native res because I didn't have to overclock it at all. But it still keeps switching...
  9. Revert to old windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert to old windows?: I had to wipe windows to remove some issues I was having. I now have windows 10 2004, but I need to have windows 1909 or 1903. Is there anyway I can revert? (Trying to revert in the settings wont work because I completely wiped windows before instead of updating. submitted...
  10. Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default: I use a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard for streaming to my own online radio station but since upgrading to windows 10 Pro from version 7 I have to keep re-installing the sound drivers for my SAM Broadcaster to pick up the microphone correctly every single time after I...