Windows 10: windows update keeps scanning on boot up

Discus and support windows update keeps scanning on boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i boot up my pc and log in, my windows update keeps scanning and takes a long time, how do i prevent this?[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Teknosfinest, Apr 11, 2021.

1. windows update keeps scanning on boot up

when i boot up my pc and log in, my windows update keeps scanning and takes a long time, how do i prevent this?windows update keeps scanning on boot up [​IMG]

:)

Teknosfinest, Apr 11, 2021

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Apr 11, 2021
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Apr 11, 2021
  4. TC-man Win User

windows update keeps scanning on boot up

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

windows update keeps scanning on boot up

1. windows update keeps scanning on boot up - Similar Threads - update keeps scanning

2. windows keeps booting up at a certain point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps booting up at a certain point: Hello, I was trying out VALORANT for a while until my laptop went into a BSOD but had a purple screen instead and had the memory management error. Ever since then my laptop has been booting up at a point before the BSOD. Let's say I deleted file "A" and changed a program...
  3. windows keeps booting up at a certain point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps booting up at a certain point: Hello, I was trying out VALORANT for a while until my laptop went into a BSOD but had a purple screen instead and had the memory management error. Ever since then my laptop has been booting up at a point before the BSOD. Let's say I deleted file "A" and changed a program...
  4. windows keeps booting up at a certain point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Keeps booting up in the OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Keeps booting up in the OOBE: Hello!So, i boot up my pc this one time when it just boot-up on OOBE Out of the Box Experience.Idk why,i never modify anything except for this one time app crashes.I also got another problems,My Mouse wouldn't sync on my pc screen and i keep plugging and replugging...
  6. Boot up and windows updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot up and windows updating: Hi while Windows updating power interrupted and on start-up I get the page asking me the following "Windows 10 on Volume 4" twice and keep rebooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-up-and-windows-updating/97891c27-493f-4f50-8f90-6e5cc1d65c02
  7. Hitmanpro scan destroyed my windows 10 to boot up..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hitmanpro scan destroyed my windows 10 to boot up..: hi, to remove virus from my windows 10 pc..i scanned hitmanpro and removed all the viruses n placed on reboot but pc was not starting up..it says automatic repair and windows defender scan offline AGAIN this process continues...i installed usb windows 10 installation for...
  8. boot scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    boot scan: how to perform a boot scan windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/boot-scan/34185c3a-6e41-4845-94c5-eb510fd273f5"
  9. DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan: Installed WIN 10 on two pc's. Upgraded from WIN8.1 on both. Both were running MSE. MSE is replaced by DEFENDER. On either or both, notifications constantly request I run DEFENDER. Which requires me to manually update virus definitions and run a scan. I thought...
  10. Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up: [img] The scanning as shown above takes place every time I boot windows. I have no other OS installed and I have a 32gb SSD (where windows is installed) and a 500gb HDD (for other files and stuff). How can I remove this? PS: I guess this happened after I installed the...