Windows 10: Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".

Discus and support Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress". in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updates does in fact work, but every time I go to system settings it states "Updates in progress". I know this is a minor issue but it still bothers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertMurphree1, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".

Updates does in fact work, but every time I go to system settings it states "Updates in progress".

I know this is a minor issue but it still bothers me. Here is a picture:

Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress". e6edf48f-8e19-4250-9596-29a4c0c7c392?upload=true.jpg

What could cause this? I have already tried clearing out the update cache files and that does not make this go away.

:)

RobertMurphree1, Jul 27, 2020
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Jul 27, 2020
  3. fraya713 Win User
    My Windows Update Keeps repeating updates..?

so i just reformatted and now my windows update keeps downloading and installing the same 4 updates... anyoe know of a fix to this?

fraya713, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".

Update shows no progress

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Method 1:

Step 1: Unplug all your removable media

Please unplug all your removable media from the computer except the keyboard and mouse, such as removable disks, memory cards and USB flash drives.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot and try to install Windows Updates.

Perform Clean Boot which helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Step 1: Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Step 2: I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 from the link below and check.

Download Windows 10 and run the set up from the desktop.

Note: I highly recommend
    backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting the installation.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".

1. Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress". - Similar Threads - Update keeps showing

2. API to show progress page of windows showing that this particular drivers are getting updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    API to show progress page of windows showing that this particular drivers are getting updated: I have to rollout updates for my driver through windows updates. And I followed https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/dashboard/publish-a-driver-to-windows-update. Next I want that when the drivers are updating windows should show this particular driver...
  3. API to show progress page of windows showing that this particular drivers are getting updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    API to show progress page of windows showing that this particular drivers are getting updated: I have to rollout updates for my driver through windows updates. And I followed https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/dashboard/publish-a-driver-to-windows-update. Next I want that when the drivers are updating windows should show this particular driver...
  4. API to show progress page of windows showing that this particular drivers are getting updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  6. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  7. notification of update in progress

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notification of update in progress: Surely there is a method that shows that an update is in progress on the computer making it impossible to use until update and restart have been completed. How to see this notification?...
  8. Update in progress, no update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update in progress, no update: Hi, I have been having some issues with Windows update and I was hoping to get some advice. I have a icon showing that theres a update in progress but when I open the updates it says I am up to date. I have tried restarting Windows update, restarting into safe mode,...
  9. Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Updates and Microsoft store show downloading, but zero progress: I have just finally gotten some updates by using a Media Creation Tool to upgrade to 2004 manually. The problem is even after doing that I still have some updates that just sit at Downloading-0% for windows updates and my Microsoft store doesn't does the same thing. Nothing...
  10. Winlogon not showing update progress

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Winlogon not showing update progress: Today I accidentally clicked 'forgot password?' when logging in to windows, and after exiting that prompt because I didn't forgot my password, winlogon now always messages the same text, namely: "hang on..." translated from dutch, it could be something different. It is at...