Windows 10: Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

Discus and support Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Earlier i used to close windows update by going into Services and then stopping windows update then disabling it. But for some reasons it started back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abysswrath, Jun 10, 2019 at 5:07 AM.

1. Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

Earlier i used to close windows update by going into Services and then stopping windows update then disabling it. But for some reasons it started back on automatically after some time. Its like it doesn't matter to them if you're admin or not, disabling wont work, so I had to manually stop it many times.

The reason i don't want windows update to run because, first of all i don't have high speed internet connection. My internet speed is roughly 4mbps. Secondly, i use my windows 10 laptop for gaming. I play online games and when windows decides to update, it affects my game because I play online multiplayer which uses the same internet , that the windows update is using, which results in insanely high latency and makes it impossible for me to play.

I don't want my laptop to update every other day. I want it to update whenever I feel like it because it is mine, and I should get to decide not your stupid algorithms.

And now it wont even let me turn it off through services. The settings are all greyed out.

Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore. 0e9d0de3-1463-4085-8781-401548267c02?upload=true.png

:)

2. Booms Win User

Automatic Updates will not turn on

Hi,
    I have just installed the April update for Windows 10, and was curious why it hadn't automatically installed, as previous updates had done.
    Now when I go into Settings>Updates & Security>Advanced Options, when I try to turn on Automatic Updates it turns straight back off, and will not stay on at all.
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

3. Adran Win User
    PC wont turn on anymore

ok i managed to short it and it does turn on the fans. now what

4. Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 10, 2019 at 5:10 AM
Thema:

Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

1. Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore. - Similar Threads - update keeps turning

2. wont let me turn on gaming mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    wont let me turn on gaming mode: so I'm trying to turn on gaming mode but both on the gaming bar thing and settings the option to toggle it wont appear even though everywhere I look it up it says it should be there. It says my computer does support gaming mode so idk what's wrong with it thanks...
  3. Computer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...
  4. WiFi turning off automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turning off automatically: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My laptop computer was working fine and then one day it wouldn't connect to the internet using WiFi (I got the little red stop sign with an X in it)? It says I'm not connected to the internet and that my WiFi is turned off. When I go to Network and...
  5. WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.: In network setting my network status just has a blank line with dotted lines in between. And there is no wifi button to click on the left side of the page. Also under the settings page in airplane mode the airplane mode toggle switch is locked in the on position. I have...
  6. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  7. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on: I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or...
  8. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  9. how to turn off automatic updates?

how to turn off automatic updates?: I'm having a laptop with eMMC with only 32GB of storage.I had 18 GB of free space and last night I recived some updates which left me only 10 GB of free space.I want to turn off option of auto updating if there is any. I switched meter connection to ON.Is there anything...
  10. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...