Windows 10: Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

Discus and support Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Earlier i used to close windows update by going into Services and then stopping windows update then disabling it. But for some reasons it started back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abysswrath, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

Earlier i used to close windows update by going into Services and then stopping windows update then disabling it. But for some reasons it started back on automatically after some time. Its like it doesn't matter to them if you're admin or not, disabling wont work, so I had to manually stop it many times.

The reason i don't want windows update to run because, first of all i don't have high speed internet connection. My internet speed is roughly 4mbps. Secondly, i use my windows 10 laptop for gaming. I play online games and when windows decides to update, it affects my game because I play online multiplayer which uses the same internet , that the windows update is using, which results in insanely high latency and makes it impossible for me to play.

I don't want my laptop to update every other day. I want it to update whenever I feel like it because it is mine, and I should get to decide not your stupid algorithms.

And now it wont even let me turn it off through services. The settings are all greyed out.

Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore. 0e9d0de3-1463-4085-8781-401548267c02?upload=true.png

:)

abysswrath, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Booms Win User

Automatic Updates will not turn on

Hi,
    I have just installed the April update for Windows 10, and was curious why it hadn't automatically installed, as previous updates had done.
    Now when I go into Settings>Updates & Security>Advanced Options, when I try to turn on Automatic Updates it turns straight back off, and will not stay on at all.
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

Booms, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Adran Win User
    PC wont turn on anymore

ok i managed to short it and it does turn on the fans. now what

Adran, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore.

1. Windows update keeps turning back on automatically and now it wont let me turn it off anymore. - Similar Threads - update keeps turning

2. My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.: For the past 2 weeks, my laptops internet has been randomly turning off and it won't turn back on unless I restart my device. I have checked for optional updates, I have done network resets but none of these things have worked. I just don't know what to do....
  3. My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wi-Fi Keeps turning off and wont turn back on.: For the past 2 weeks, my laptops internet has been randomly turning off and it won't turn back on unless I restart my device. I have checked for optional updates, I have done network resets but none of these things have worked. I just don't know what to do....
  4. it wont let me turn on copy history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it wont let me turn on copy history: all the other people that get help have gp edit but i dont cause im using Windows 10 Home and whennver i go to clipboard settings it says "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"...
  5. it wont let me turn on copy history

in Windows 10 Customization
    it wont let me turn on copy history: all the other people that get help have gp edit but i dont cause im using Windows 10 Home and whennver i go to clipboard settings it says "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"...
  6. Turn off automatic reboot with updates - lets finally solve this now!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off automatic reboot with updates - lets finally solve this now!: I'm so incredible tired of getting back to my PC and find out that it automatically rebooted and trashed all the things that I was working on.... To be more precise; if I do not manage to turn it off, I will switch to a different OS. It is just so frustrating. It's okay if...
  7. Pain, it wont let me turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pain, it wont let me turn it off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tailsthedool81 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lreevb/pain_it_wont_let_me_turn_it_off/
  8. Turned off firewall, now how do I turn off the notification telling me to turn it back on.

Turned off firewall, now how do I turn off the notification telling me to turn it back on.: I'm behind not one but two physical firewalls so I've turned off the windows 10 firewall. However, I get naggifications urging me to turn it back on every time I boot up and every so often while using the machine. How do I turn these off. I've attached a screenshot of what...
  9. So yesterday my pc automatically turned off wifi and wont let me turn it back on. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So yesterday my pc automatically turned off wifi and wont let me turn it back on. Help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I_need_friends69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eve927/so_yesterday_my_pc_automatically_turned_off_wifi/
  10. wont let me turn on gaming mode

wont let me turn on gaming mode: so I'm trying to turn on gaming mode but both on the gaming bar thing and settings the option to toggle it wont appear even though everywhere I look it up it says it should be there. It says my computer does support gaming mode so idk what's wrong with it thanks...