Windows 10: Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working

Discus and support Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I updated my laptop last night so I could get the new xbox app. This morning when all was complete, I noticed my keyboard stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SMPhoo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. SMPhoo Win User

Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working

Hey guys, I updated my laptop last night so I could get the new xbox app.

This morning when all was complete, I noticed my keyboard stopped working (Apart from the power button and the ROG gaming button.

The keyboard works fine in the bios, so I know it works, but as soon as it enters Windows, it stops, apart from the two above buttons.

In device manager, under keyboards, I have two options:
    HID Keyboard device
    - I can remove this, but as soon as I restart, it reappears
    PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboar (101/102-Key)
    I can remove this, but it forces me to restart, but is already showing again

I've plugged in a USB keyboard and that works fine.
    I've tried updating all keyboards through device manager update
    There are no up to date KB drivers on the Asus website
    I've also updated all windows updates
    I've looked in the bios to see if theres a way to disable / enable the keyboard but couldn't see anything.
    When it did this update, I noticed it also did a BIOS update

I'm out of ideas, so any help would be much appreciated.
    Laptop is an Asus GL702VM

Thanks

:)

SMPhoo, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    keyboard stopped working

Hi Zunair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What update are you referring to?

I suggest you to pug in external keyboard and check if it works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2:

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows Compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to

help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working

Windows update caused my keyboard to stop working

The keyboard failure probably happened coincidentally with the update rather than being caused by it. You can find out like so:

• Turn the machine on.
    • Wait until the spinning circle appears, then press the power button for 10 seconds to turn the laptop off.
    • Repeat the above steps three times. This will get you into Repair Mode.
    • Go to advanced options, then select the Command Prompt.
    • Check each and every keyboard key.
    I think you will find that the problem keys still do not work, even though the current mode is not affected by the recent update. You probably have to replace the keyboard.

Frederik Long, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working

1. Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working - Similar Threads - update Keyboard has

2. Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update: Keyboard has stopped responding with the recent windows update and I have tried to uninstall the keyboard driver and I have let the windows to reinstall during the new start, but still the issue persists , not sure how to proceed further on this and w.r.t. hardware I am not...
  3. The receiver for my Microsoft keyboard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The receiver for my Microsoft keyboard has stopped working: The receiver is not being recognised by any of my PCs. At the moment I cannot connect the Sculpt Comfort keyboard and mouse. All web posts suggest I need to buy a new set. I cannot believe it's true that Microsoft would have policies that are so non-environmental as to...
  4. External keyboard has stopped working

External keyboard has stopped working: I have an external keyboard and mouse 850 that were purchased at the same time. Both have worked without any problems until today when the keyboard has stopped working. I have tried replacing the batteries but the keyboard is still failing to work. The mouse is working...
  5. keyboard stop work after windows updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard stop work after windows updates: keyboard stop work after Windows updates ,totally. I use on screen one ,it is crazy to klick on every letter ,what to do? no warranties. its Lenovo laptop. Thanks for help....
  6. My keyboard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard has stopped working: My keyboard has stopped working in most applications. It doesn’t work for emails or the internet. I cannot write comments directly into this query, I have to write them into a Word document then copy&paste across. The problem appeared to start after what seemed to be a...
  7. Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated: I have HP X-360 touchscreen laptop with windows 10 installed, recently its display was broken and the touch started misbehaving so I disabled the touch screen from a local technician, now when I install window updates the keyboard and track pad stops working and I have to...
  8. Windows 10 update - keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update - keyboard stopped working: My Windows 10 laptop performed an automatic update, and now the keyboard stopped working. I am at the login screen, but cannot enter anything from the keyboard - which means that i cannot sign in. What do i do now?...
  9. Windows update has stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update has stopped working: Hi there everyone after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today. When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today windows update would not work!! It had worked since upgrade on Monday. Tried rebooting but still not working! any ideas?...
  10. Keyboard has stopped worklng

Keyboard has stopped worklng: As this is machine specific I fear help will not be forthcoming here but will give it a try. My detachable keyboard and trackpad have stopped working. So have its two USB ports. It is as if it is no longer connected via its Pogo magnetic connector. It is a Cube iWork 10.1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stopped keyboard working

2. windows update keyboard

3. windows update stopped asus keyboard

4. how to get help in windows 10/all keys in the keyboard not working.,
  5. windows and keyboard update,
  6. windows 1903 keyboard stopped working,
  7. Magnetic pogo pin working in Windows 8.1keyboard not working i,
  8. Magnetic pogo nkeyboard not working in Windows 8.1 ,
  9. asus gl702vm keyboard not working