Windows 10: Windows update keyboard Problems

Discus and support Windows update keyboard Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 which was a free update from Windows 7 proon a HP Elite Book which did have some problems with the mouse moving on its own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnDoe-69, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Windows update keyboard Problems

I am running Windows 10 which was a free update from Windows 7 proon a HP Elite Book which did have some problems with the mouse moving on its own which i never got to grips with so i switched off the pad and used the touchscreenn

After Windows 10 latest update i have lost my Backspace Enter Right Arrow Keys i have researched and tried keyboard settings turning off Sticky and Filter Keys

I have also removed the driver and tried to update the drivers but still the same outcome looking on the Tabs at Events there are some changes that seem to have been made at the time of the Windows update:

Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB

21/01/2020 19:23:49 Device Migrated Information Device ACPI\PNP0303\4&1fda26f0&0 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: ACPI\PNP0303\4&1fda26f0&0
    Class Guid: {4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0x0
    Present: true

21/01/2020 19:23:49 Information Device Configured Keyboard.inf Information Device ACPI\PNP0303\4&1fda26f0&0 was configured.

Driver Name: keyboard.inf
    Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: STANDARD_Inst
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0002
    Matching Device Id: *PNP0303
    Outranked Drivers: oem19.inf:*PNP0303:00FF0002
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C4F&SUBSYS_162A103C&REV_04\3&b1bfb68&0&F8

21/01/2020 19:24:02 Device started i8042prt Information Device ACPI\PNP0303\4&1fda26f0&0 was started.

Driver Name: keyboard.inf
    Service: i8042prt
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:

21/01/2020 19:32:32 Information Device Configured oem 19.inf Information Device ACPI\PNP0303\4&1fda26f0&0 was configured.

Driver Name: oem19.inf
    Driver Date: 04/21/2009
    Driver Version: 6.5.1.2
    Driver Provider: Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
    Driver Section: HpqKbFiltr.NTamd64
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0002
    Matching Device Id: *PNP0303
    Outranked Drivers: keyboard.inf:*PNP0303:00FF0002
    Device Updated: true
    Parent Device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C4F&SUBSYS_162A103C&REV_04\3&b1bfb68&0&F8

21/01/2020 19:32:32 Device Installed hpqkbfitr.inf _amd64...Information
    Driver Management concluded the process to install driver hpqkbfiltr.inf_amd64_566798c0eae5ff39 for Device Instance ID ACPI\PNP0303\4&1FDA26F0&0 with the following status: 0x0

:)

JohnDoe-69, Feb 8, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows update keyboard Problems

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows update keyboard Problems

1. Windows update keyboard Problems - Similar Threads - update keyboard Problems

2. keyboard and windows update problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and windows update problems: I have a few problems I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to my unresponsive keyboard, and problems with bad Windows updates.I am facing difficulties with my laptop's keyboard, which has become unresponsive for many months now. This issue arose suddenly and...
  3. keyboard and windows update problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and windows update problems: I have a few problems I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to my unresponsive keyboard, and problems with bad Windows updates.I am facing difficulties with my laptop's keyboard, which has become unresponsive for many months now. This issue arose suddenly and...
  4. keyboard and windows update problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keyboard -- maybe a window 10 update problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard -- maybe a window 10 update problem?: my keyboard stoped woking. I can use only virtual keyboard its a toshiba laptop with win 10 worked great till last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-maybe-a-window-10-update-problem/f2e54d73-d1f7-4bc2-9d8b-6e62ee1729de
  6. Windows 10 update problem with keyboard/mouse

Windows 10 update problem with keyboard/mouse: I cannot get my mouse or keyboard to work after installing the latest Windows 10 update. Brand new HP Pavilion i just had made from HP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-problem-with-keyboardmouse/e583a6a4-b8bb-4c1a-abde-81c46b11ceb6
  7. Keyboard problem after window update

Keyboard problem after window update: After the window update shift + "." key is not working. The shift is functioning, the key "." i.e. full stop is also operating fine but the combination shift + "." which gives the symbol i.e. ">" is not working. If possible, please suggest me a suitable solution. Thanks!...
  8. Problems with Updates and Keyboard

Problems with Updates and Keyboard: Hello, I got some problems with Windows 10 preinstalled on Asus Tuf Gaming. As you can see in the screenshot below it says that I'm missing important updates but when I click in check for updates I get absolutely nothing it keeps looking for them for a while but it gives...
  9. Keyboard problems after updates.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard problems after updates.: After every update on Windows 10 I lose the keyboard. I use an Acer wireless keyboard and mouse they both work through the same dongle. The mouse is no problem it works OK. The problem is the keyboard. It allows me to type in PIN/Password and it works on Command Prompt but...
  10. Keyboard problem after update

Keyboard problem after update: Hi, I have the Windows 10 Home installed on my Acer Aspire 4739Z and after a update (KB3093266, I think) the keyboard bugged. If I press 1 appear 1' / 3 appear 34 / q appear q2 / t appear t5 / u appear u7 / p appear po / _ appear _) / - appear -0 If I press the Right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HpqKbFiltr.inf