Windows 10: Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

Discus and support Windows update killed my brand new laptop! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the most recent windows update, my laptop is completely dead. I can't turn it on at all. I tried three different chargers thinking maybe the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MillySittinghere, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

After the most recent windows update, my laptop is completely dead. I can't turn it on at all. I tried three different chargers thinking maybe the battery died. I got nothing. No lights. Nothing! I just bought three laptops for my kids for school. I am schooling at home. We need laptops for on-line school. I need to know what to do. I cannot afford to buy another computer. I'm panicking! I hope someone can help me!

:)

MillySittinghere, Jul 29, 2020

2. suggest brand for 2.5" HDD from my laptop

I need to purchase a new sata 2.5" HDD from my laptop.
    500 gb
    Pls suggest which brand to go for?

looking for good quality and long life with high warranty yrs.

Some say that Hitachi HDD are very gud...!

pls suggest.

alivehunter, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Paulieg Win User
    My new Opty 165 OC

I'm happy with it. I just wish my second core wasn't so sensitive. I think my first core would be happy at 2.8. My only suggestion is looking on ebay. Sometimes there are some on auction that give you the steppings. That's how I found mine from tr740. He had it on auction w/ steppings. I paid around 165. Great deal, when you know your getting a brand new cpu with a great stepping.

Paulieg, Jul 29, 2020
  4. menarez Win User

Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

1. Windows update killed my brand new laptop! - Similar Threads - update killed brand

2. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  3. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  4. New Update Killed Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Update Killed Laptop: My laptop was working fine yesterday, then suddenly bam! I can't even get passed the date and time screen. I did all the basics: restarted, control+alt+delete, accessed that recovery environment thing, tried to system restore, uninstall updates, startup repair. The only...
  5. Brand new laptop--windows update failure??

Brand new laptop--windows update failure??: I literally just got this new laptop today and I am making setting changes and ran across this.. I don't know how I am already experiencing issues with a brand new laptop. Can you help? I've tried troubleshooting the windows update & restarted my computer. But when I pulled...
  6. Windows update killed my laptops

Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  7. Windows update killed my laptop

Windows update killed my laptop: Do not switch off your computer Sitting there for hours. Restore failed. FAILED. Startup repair failed Go back to previous version failed. Leaving the only option to reset it. You utter Wombles. You festervering sores on the backsides of dungbeatles. Months of...
  8. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  9. Update killed my laptop

Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  10. Two brand new laptops preinstalled windows 10 and KILLING THEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two brand new laptops preinstalled windows 10 and KILLING THEM: I would like to know when you are going to RID manufacturers and end users from WINDOWS 10. I am a small business and have 2 brand new laptops that came preinstalled with WinDOHS 10 and both (two different manufacturers) THE BATTERY was 7 hours first day and now I am lucky...