Windows 10: Windows update...killed my keyboards

Discus and support Windows update...killed my keyboards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The latest w 10 updates have killed my surface keyboard and disabled the numbers pad on my desktop. I want to make the latest update go away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by I'mbob, Aug 12, 2018.

1. I'mbob Win User

Windows update...killed my keyboards

The latest w 10 updates have killed my surface keyboard and disabled the numbers pad on my desktop. I want to make the latest update go away

:)

I'mbob, Aug 12, 2018

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update...killed my keyboards - Similar Threads - update killed keyboards

2. windows update killed my battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update killed my battery: My Envy Laptop took a automatic update 2 days ago and now my battery is fried. What is the deal windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-killed-my-battery/0b8ed320-6d70-47fa-a420-39a9f22efa2d
  3. windows update killed my battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update killed my battery: My Envy Laptop took a automatic update 2 days ago and now my battery is fried. What is the deal windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-killed-my-battery/0b8ed320-6d70-47fa-a420-39a9f22efa2d
  4. windows 10 update killed my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update killed my keyboard.: So, me and my wife unfortunately own a windows 10 laptop. This laptop has been trying to force us to update for weeks, saying our version is going out of service. I have been avoiding this update, because I already know the headaches windows updates cause foreshadowing?....
  5. Update killed my keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update killed my keyboard and mouse: The May 2020 update ended up killing my mouse and keyboard. Had to uninstall it. Got some functions back but the computer is a mess, slow internet and just sucks! I've spent 11 hours on this. The new thing is the Audio Service will not run or reinstall no sound!. Is MS going...
  6. Windows update kills my computer

Windows update kills my computer: I am trying - desperately -to get my computer to stop windows 10 updates. Every time it updates, I get into an "automatic repair" "can't repair" loop. chkdsk says there's nothing wrong. Restore to a previous version doesn't work. So I have to re-install and wipe...
  7. Keyboard and rotation killed by updat - AGAIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and rotation killed by updat - AGAIN: Latest "feature update" 1909 managed to kill both autorotation and automatic onscreen keyboard on Linxs 1010 tablet. How does a company allow quality flaws to repeat? However this is not my question. I am asking how to fix the problem or rather I am asking Ms8ft to fix the...
  8. win10 update kill lenovo b50 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win10 update kill lenovo b50 keyboard: Everything works until first update, and after that keyboard dont work. I have installed 3 times from scratsh, and same problem with 2 lenovo laptop------?????...
  9. Windows update killed my laptops

Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  10. Windows Update killed my mouse

Windows Update killed my mouse: I have no idea which update it was but one of you're updates just killed my mouse, It is laggy as crap now! I even went and bought another mouse still same issue... I have read all the fixes you guys have posted tried them all no go, The problem is the windows update! period....