Windows 10: Windows Update killed my mouse

Discus and support Windows Update killed my mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have no idea which update it was but one of you're updates just killed my mouse, It is laggy as crap now! I even went and bought another mouse still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Majestiks004, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Windows Update killed my mouse

I have no idea which update it was but one of you're updates just killed my mouse, It is laggy as crap now! I even went and bought another mouse still same issue... I have read all the fixes you guys have posted tried them all no go, The problem is the windows update! period. Is there or is there not a fix for this?

Please dont post me things to try to do, because trust me I tried it all for the last 3 days now.. It is 1 of you're updates plain and simple.

:)

Majestiks004, Jan 14, 2019

2. Glitched Mouse with most recent Windows Update!

Hi Emma,

To resolve the issue you're having with using your mouse, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware Troubleshooter on the computer with the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select it from the list.
    • Select Hardware and Sound, then Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, update your mouse or touch pad drivers with the steps on this

link.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 14, 2019
  3. New Windows update Mouse wheel problem

Hello Jack,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Do you face this issue only with browsers or all the applications?

• Are you using wired or wireless Mouse?

• Did you try connecting mouse to other port?

• Are you facing this issue with other Mouse too?

• To troubleshoot your issue we need to know which update is causing this issue. Please let us know what is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Mouse drivers and check if it helps:

You may follow the steps in the article below:

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 14, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows Update killed my mouse

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update killed my mouse

1. Windows Update killed my mouse - Similar Threads - Update killed mouse

2. windows update killed my battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update killed my battery: My Envy Laptop took a automatic update 2 days ago and now my battery is fried. What is the deal windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-killed-my-battery/0b8ed320-6d70-47fa-a420-39a9f22efa2d
  3. windows update killed my battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update killed my battery: My Envy Laptop took a automatic update 2 days ago and now my battery is fried. What is the deal windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-killed-my-battery/0b8ed320-6d70-47fa-a420-39a9f22efa2d
  4. recent update killed my mouse, tried a wired mouse and it fails to to work as well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recent update killed my mouse, tried a wired mouse and it fails to to work as well: My logitech wireless mouse was working fine before recent update. now it doesn't work. tried a wired mouse and it doesn't work either. I have tried the other ports and none of them are functioning....
  5. Windows update KILLED my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KILLED my computer: Hello, Latests windows update killed my HP laptop. I have tried several suggested solutions from HP support, including BIOS reset, however I cannot get past the HP logo screen. ONCE it allowed me to get to BIOS screen, however BIOS reset never completed. Currently...
  6. Update killed my keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update killed my keyboard and mouse: The May 2020 update ended up killing my mouse and keyboard. Had to uninstall it. Got some functions back but the computer is a mess, slow internet and just sucks! I've spent 11 hours on this. The new thing is the Audio Service will not run or reinstall no sound!. Is MS going...
  7. Windows update kills my computer

Windows update kills my computer: I am trying - desperately -to get my computer to stop windows 10 updates. Every time it updates, I get into an "automatic repair" "can't repair" loop. chkdsk says there's nothing wrong. Restore to a previous version doesn't work. So I have to re-install and wipe...
  8. Windows update killed my laptops

Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  9. Windows update...killed my keyboards

Windows update...killed my keyboards: The latest w 10 updates have killed my surface keyboard and disabled the numbers pad on my desktop. I want to make the latest update go away...
  10. Windows Updates killed my Audio

Windows Updates killed my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update killed my wireless mouse

2. which windows update has killed my mouse