Windows 10: Windows update knocks out internet connections

Discus and support Windows update knocks out internet connections in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Windows update knocks out internet connections - BBC News 72365 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Mooly, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

Windows update knocks out internet connections

Mooly, Dec 13, 2016

2. Windows Updates

I have been experiencing problems with Microsoft's updates of recent times. they have on occasion knocked out my programs and also at times knocked out my internet connection. I have been uninstalling them but they only come back like a bad smell.

Could somebody please advise how I can block them either within the registry or the firewall until they come up with proper fixes.

NigelSimmondsWTF, Dec 13, 2016
  3. jm2001a Win User
    "One or more network protocols are missing in this computer" after I did a free promoted update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. No

10 has been working great, then an auto update jan 1 2016, knocked out internet access. As above. COME ON WINDOWS! i need a solution.

jm2001a, Dec 13, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Virgin Media not affected in my area..

dencal, Dec 13, 2016
  5. Mooly Win User
    I've just completed the update on one my PC's and all seems OK at the moment, the other is halfway through so will have to see. Both with BT ISP.

Mooly, Dec 13, 2016
  6. Mooly Win User
    Mooly, Dec 13, 2016
  7. karma mechanic, Dec 13, 2016
  8. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft's fix for Windows 10 update cutting off internet? 'Restart your machine'

Microsoft's fix for Windows 10 update cutting off internet? 'Restart your machine' - TechRepublic

Borg 386, Dec 13, 2016
  9. Geneo Win User
    That is what we get for them not releasing on a patch Tuesday.

Geneo, Dec 14, 2016
  10. cbomb101 Win User
    dont use kb3206632 that one was causing freezes on my pc and the update b4 that plays up with ur internet.

cbomb101, Dec 14, 2016
  11. I just don't get the MS logic. They were always going to swamp us with the Tuesday cumulative and security updates so what was the point in releasing the one they did the Friday beforehand which had this nasty bug (I managed to dodge it). Two major updates in the space of of a few days causing lots of lost spare time for many users because as we all know Windows updates are not short painless affairs anymore. They seem to lack QA and rush release updates for some kind of bragging rights. Personally I think they maintain a schedule for all updates akin to once a month second Tuesday like they did for Windows 7. A lot more time to test their updates and users know where they stand. No updates coming at people unexpectedly at the most inconvenient times.

Scottyboy99, Dec 14, 2016
  12. Ashlalynn Win User
    This has happened to my computer, how can I fix it If I can't connect to the Internet via wifi or Ethernet to update..? Full bars before I connect then nothing when connected...

Ashlalynn, Dec 14, 2016
  13. linw Win User

The solutions I have seen are:-

Restart comp. If this doesn't work, try these:-

Click on the four squares bottom left corner. Type cmd then the enter key. This will bring up a black window.

Now type these commands followed by the enter key.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ipv4

ipconfig /renew

Then restart the comp and cross your fingers!!

14. maarkr Win User
    i posted about this months ago... the replies said I was crazy, but it happened on MANY updates. It also affected other processes, but I didn't try to investigate which ones... I just knew that when programs stopped running properly, I'd check the internet, which was not functional, and then would check for a win update, and voila, the update and restart got things running normally.

I'm having probs STILL with Chrome and DNS errors and internet issues... tried the netsock thing, using google as the default DNS search, all the normal link actions to fix those DNS and internet error message, but they are still there. I am now ordering a new modem, which is a 16 x 4 instead of an 8 x4, and trying Firefox instead of Chrome as my default browser. I was having to restart my DNS Service every few minutes, which was the only thing that would USUALLY solve the errors.

maarkr, Dec 15, 2016
  15. AddRAM Win User
    Ccleaner would no longer work for me, I got one of those slideout pop ups from Windows, "This App will not work with this version of windows"

I`m sure an update will fix it.

No issues with Chrome though.

AddRAM, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows update knocks out internet connections - Similar Threads - update knocks internet

2. March 2021 Windows 10 update knocked out peripheral support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    March 2021 Windows 10 update knocked out peripheral support: This last March 2021 Windows 10 update knocked out support for my peripherals. I have no monitor, no mouse, and no keyboard. The PC seemingly boots up and seems to be powered, but I didn't hear the beep after which one usually tries to go into the BIOS. Not that it matters...
  3. windows 10 knocked out my audio drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 knocked out my audio drivers: no sound on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-knocked-out-my-audio-drivers/711bcbb1-c925-44f8-80cc-4cbbdcc9fd85
  4. windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor.

windows update 10/12/2020 knocked out second monitor.: I have reinstalled graphics card, uninstalled the windows update, restarted multiple times, switched off and on both monitor and pc, tested the hdmi cable, nothing works. How can I get my monitor back?...
  5. Why did the update knock out my speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did the update knock out my speakers?: I don't know why Microsoft employees can't roll out an update without messing up some part of my computer. I postpone updates for as long as I can because I know you guys will botch it and cause me hours of work. Now your update knocked out my speakers even though my...
  6. Once again the latest Microsoft Updates have knocked out my audio

Once again the latest Microsoft Updates have knocked out my audio: This is the 2nd time in the last few months that after installing updates from Microsoft I get the message, "No Audio Output Device is Installed." So frustrating. Why can't Microsoft put out an update without screwing something up. No need to respond. They can't....
  7. windows 10 knocked out multiple monitors

windows 10 knocked out multiple monitors: upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro today. Lost multiple monitors, plus i keep getting a message that nvidia control panel can not be found. I keep getting a message that says that windows can't connect to the graphics driver and has re-verted back to the windows built in...
  8. W10 update knocks out epson printer

W10 update knocks out epson printer: I have just installed the latest W10 update (version 1803) and can no longer print. I have an Epson EPL-6100 laser which is now 15 years old or so but this morning it was still working OK; now it is not. The Bonjour wizard does not help and Windows does not even detect it....
  9. Windows 10 updates knocked out Realtek Audio Manager NO SOUND...WHAT?

Windows 10 updates knocked out Realtek Audio Manager NO SOUND...WHAT?: HP Pavillion 500-410 original Windows 7 Pro upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Logitech x-530 (5)-speaker system was the BOMB! Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I run troubleshooter, the message states that "no audio devices installed"...
  10. Cyber attack Knocks Out Access to Websites

in Windows 10 News
    Cyber attack Knocks Out Access to Websites: Cyber attack Knocks Out Access to Websites So-called denial-of-service attacks can knock sites offline by flooding them with junk data, blocking the way for legitimate users Several websites including Twitter and Tumblr were unreachable during an extended period for many...