Windows 10: Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

Discus and support Windows update last night screwed up my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well, last night my Acer Nitro was automatically updated windows. I'm in an endless cycle of something went wrong and repairs fail. My only options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TeresaDonalson, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

Well, last night my Acer Nitro was automatically updated windows. I'm in an endless cycle of something went wrong and repairs fail. My only options seem to be reset and keep files or reset to factory settings. WTH?? I cannot get to anything but this blue screen. I just want my laptop back! Help...? Is there anything I can do?

:)

TeresaDonalson, Oct 5, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. user33331 Win User
    Laptop screws and broken spinning threaded nuts :-(

Hello
    Is there a trick to open original never opened laptop screws ?
    If I open like 10 screws about 2/10pcs always have broken\loose spinning brass threaded nuts.
    I have opened a Lenovo(2008) and a HP(2015) laptop when trying to fit SSDs and both ended up with some spinning threaded nuts.
    -> When unable to open the case I just end up using a DVD drive caddy for the damn SSDs.
    • Laptop screws always have that massive amount of tip goo (=red or blue colored rubber thread seal) in threads which I believe is causing the spinning screw issue. Please Chinese we don't need the "goo".
    • Or the Chinese just over tighten the screws.
    • Also cheap thin plastic around brass nuts.

user33331, Oct 5, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update last night screwed up my laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

1. Windows update last night screwed up my laptop - Similar Threads - update last night

2. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  3. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  4. An update screwed up my new laptop!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An update screwed up my new laptop!!!!!: Hello, I am hoping SOMEONE with REAL windows 10 knowledge can help me!Ever since a forced in, unstoppable, UNWANTED windows 10 update loaded itself into MY laptop, I can no longer open the "Start" menu, Action Center no longer opens and a few other things no longer...
  5. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  6. Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop: 1. Wont recognize my pin 2. Wont let me reset, gives an error mssg 3. On airplane mode and does not give an option to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-laptop/2ea4ed42-613b-49f6-acb0-7b0914d5bf6b
  7. Last update completely screwed up all of my audio options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last update completely screwed up all of my audio options: Why can't Microsoft developers stop rolling out updates that completely screw up my computer? The last update hosed all of my audio functions. Every time I log in, my external speakers don't work and I have to spend 15 minutes fiddling with settings just to listen to music....
  8. Windows update r1809 screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update r1809 screwed up my laptop: So I recently updated to Windows 1809 and my laptop is running fine. Until a few days ago probably like two or three days I was working out and listening to music on my laptop when my laptop froze I figured it was a blue screen but I never got the blue screen menu so I force...
  9. Last Update Screwed Me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last Update Screwed Me: I noticed this right after I suddenly had Microsoft Edge, which I do not use and don't want, by the way. I have no key functions for the following keys: backspace, right enter, and forward slash. Additionally, when I checked in Device Manager which online helps instructed me...
  10. Windows update last night - laptop not working now

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update last night - laptop not working now: Hi.. So, my lenovo Z51 was working perfectly, however last night Windows updated and today.. It's not working. When I turn on the laptop the first error pops up just before I type in my login details. Ctfmon.exe - sucess Unknown hard error I then click OK and it says...