Windows 10: Windows update - Lenovo won't restart

Discus and support Windows update - Lenovo won't restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI All, I have an old LENOVE all in one pc, which up to yesterday afternoon was working fine. I received a Windows update notification and allowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobSands, Aug 4, 2020.

1. RobSands Win User

Windows update - Lenovo won't restart

HI All,

I have an old LENOVE all in one pc, which up to yesterday afternoon was working fine. I received a Windows update notification and allowed the update. I left the PC to do its thing and returned about 3 hours later to see nothing on the screen except the Lenovo logo. Thinking the updates were complete and a restart was needed I tried to access the pc via the keyboard and mouse, but nothing happened. I have subsequently tried to power off and on numerous times, but nothing happens other than on powering up the screen shows the Lenovo logo.

Any suggestions???

:)

RobSands, Aug 4, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update - Lenovo won't restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    My desktop won't restart windows after latest update Jan2018

Hi Max,

It is possible that you're desktop won't start after the update due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to know the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by
    Ganesh K R
    and AnthonyJose on these threads below about troubleshooting Windows 10 won't boot after update:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Windows update - Lenovo won't restart

little cat, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows update - Lenovo won't restart

1. Windows update - Lenovo won't restart - Similar Threads - update Lenovo won't

2. Lenovo computer won't update Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo computer won't update Windows: After reinstalling my computer and joining the dev channel update to 23506 it won't continue to update!!!! Every time I install a new update, after rebooting and installing it I am stuck on the Lenovo logo page and there is no circular progress bar loading, tried reinstalling...
  3. Lenovo computer won't update Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo computer won't update Windows: After reinstalling my computer and joining the dev channel update to 23506 it won't continue to update!!!! Every time I install a new update, after rebooting and installing it I am stuck on the Lenovo logo page and there is no circular progress bar loading, tried reinstalling...
  4. Lenovo N23 laptop won't update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo N23 laptop won't update.: I have had a very hard time getting this Lenovo N23 laptop to work. I did a factory data reset on it because someone had owned it before me. Well after that, I tried doing an update and now I can't get it to put windows 10 on there at all. I have a flash drive with the...
  5. Lenovo N23 laptop won't update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo N23 laptop won't update.: I have had a very hard time getting this Lenovo N23 laptop to work. I did a factory data reset on it because someone had owned it before me. Well after that, I tried doing an update and now I can't get it to put windows 10 on there at all. I have a flash drive with the...
  6. Lenovo N23 laptop won't update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update on 1.28.21 won't restart

Windows update on 1.28.21 won't restart: Did a scheduled update last night, 1.28.21, and haven't been able to restart since. Have read all the nightmare scenarios to get computers started, can't wait! Windows updates always cause some problems but this one is absolutely the worst! All I get when powering on and off...
  8. Windows update 1.28.21 won't restart

Windows update 1.28.21 won't restart: Did a scheduled update last night, 1.28.21, and haven't been able to restart since. Have read all the nightmare scenarios to get computers started, can't wait! Windows updates always cause some problems but this one is absolutely the worst! All I get when powering on and off...
  9. Windows 10 update won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update won't restart: Windows 10 update now will not boot, recovery does not allow keyboard layout selection, USB keyboard now disabled Exact same results - 2 identical desktops...
  10. My new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 won't Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    My new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 won't Restart: I'm learning to use my new Lenovo Touch Screen laptop running Windows 10. I've been signing up for various apps. After I signed up for SHAREit, the opening screen of the app froze on my desktop. I could continue to use the computer as before, but the SHAREit opening screen...