Windows 10: Windows Update loading forever

Discus and support Windows Update loading forever in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows Update keeps on loading and never shows up any update: [img] What can I do to fix this? Thank you! 34410 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Smizack, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

Windows Update keeps on loading and never shows up any update:

Windows Update loading forever [​IMG]

What can I do to fix this? Thank you!

:)

Smizack, Dec 18, 2015

2. updates loading forever

Last night, my laptop gave me the option to update and turn off. I did so, and it has been loading ever since -- for nearly 24 hours. When I went to use the laptop in the morning, it said the updates were 9% complete...since then, all I see is the wheel
    of death circling and circling. What to do????

elisabethhoffman, Dec 18, 2015
  3. updates loading forever

Hi Elisabeth,

Keeping your computer updated is important. It improves the reliability, security, and performance of your computer. The time needed to download the update depends on the connection speed, network settings, and the size of the update. This issue may have
    been caused by misconfigured system files and Windows Update program file corruption. To troubleshoot your issue about updating your computer, we recommend running the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to updating your computer. If
    the troubleshooter finds any issues, it will be listed in the result with additional instructions you may need to follow. However, in most cases, the troubleshooter will find and apply fixes automatically.

Get back to us with the result for further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Windows Update loading forever

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 21, 2015
  5. Smizack Win User
    Alright, so the error is "Service registration is missing or corrupt" and says Not Fixed :\
    Thanks for the reply!

Smizack, Dec 21, 2015
  6. The next step is to reset windows updates completely using this tutorial and check if this helps:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...0-a.html?ltr=W
    Make sure you have the administrator privilages

7. Smizack Win User
    I did that and ran the troubleshooter again and it says that the error is fixed. However, windows update is still having the same problem for me and won't load at all.

Smizack, Dec 21, 2015
  8. Windows Update loading forever

Hey,
    Let us check the system Files.To do this do both of these:

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
    Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

9. Smizack Win User
    So I ran both the commands and got this:

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Dec 21, 2015
  10. That is where the problem is.You would require an Installation media to repair those files.Use method 6 from here:
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

The installation media should be same according to your architecture,Language and Edition.

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 22, 2015
  11. Smizack Win User
    Sorry which method are you talking about? I don't see a method 6 anywhere

Smizack, Dec 22, 2015
  12. Sorry Step 6 of option 1:
    6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command

*Arrow Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Full Path to install.wim file:1

OR

(To prevent DISM from using Windows Update for online images)
    *Arrow Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Full Path to install.wim file:1 /limitaccess

For example:

*Arrow Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

13. Smizack Win User

Alright, so I have the install.esd file instead of install.wim, so I'm going to be using step 7. Which command would I use though (with or without /limitaccess)?

Smizack, Dec 22, 2015
  14. First give a try with /limitaccess then if it does not work, try without /limitaccess

15. Smizack Win User
    Tried both and I'm still getting the same error

Smizack, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Update loading forever - Similar Threads - Update loading forever

2. Difdefender Loading Forever

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Difdefender Loading Forever: I'm trying to Encrypt a USB stick with Bitdefender, and after putting in my desired password and choosing how much to encrypt, it starts encrypting. However this encryption has been loading for 8 hours now, stuck at 99.5%. I have tried force-removing the USB stick from the...
  3. Onedrive Forever Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Forever Loading: I tried to restart, uninstall, and reinstall then tried to follow this "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reset-onedrive-34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c" directions. Nothing helped, it's taking forever to log-in and sign....
  4. Microsoft store loading forever on updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store loading forever on updates.: so i have this problem with my store where I click the update button for a game and it doesn't do anything until I close the app and open it and it starts loading but yet it still doesn't download. i close the store and the app updates after hours or days. To fix my problem I...
  5. Microsoft store loading forever on updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store loading forever on updates.: so i have this problem with my store where I click the update button for a game and it doesn't do anything until I close the app and open it and it starts loading but yet it still doesn't download. i close the store and the app updates after hours or days. To fix my problem I...
  6. Microsoft store loading forever on updates.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Taskbar Loading forever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Loading forever: Hi Guys,I really need help with this. So the thing is, every time I start my PC the taskbar is loading like forever. I have to force shut down my PC to have it work again.How do I fix this issue, pretty much thanks!!!...
  8. Windows Update takes forever to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes forever to load: [ATTACH] This screen. I have it for over 10 months. I tried to do exactly what BernardReyes said in my previous post, but I still didn't solve my problem. I did everything and nothing happened. I also tried to remove Windows Update components, but the same thing...
  9. Windows Update takes forever to load

Windows Update takes forever to load: I opened Settings / Update and Security and Windows Update takes forever to load. I was stuck one hour on that screen. I tried going to Registry editor, Gpedit, and re-enable the service Wuauserv and nothing happened. Please, help me how to fix this problem, I want to...
  10. windows update loads forever and stays blank

windows update loads forever and stays blank: [ATTACH] Hi guys, I have a problem with the windows update in settings. The screen stays blank and I'd be grateful if anybody have a proper solutions for this problem. Thank you!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update loading forever

2. windows update loads forever