Windows 10: Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

Discus and support Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I shut-down my laptop (ASUS with Intel Core i5) the screen says that it is loading the update and then is supposed to shut-down the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamBurtner, May 10, 2019.

1. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

When I shut-down my laptop (ASUS with Intel Core i5) the screen says that it is loading the update and then is supposed to shut-down the computer. However, it "loads" for as much as an hour with no shut down. Is there a way to make this stop happening? (I have shut down the computer manually; when it restarts it says that it was unable to install the update, and eventually goes to the log-in screen.)

Thanks for any help.

:)

WilliamBurtner, May 10, 2019

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, May 10, 2019
  3. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, May 10, 2019
  4. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

1. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down - Similar Threads - Update loads shut

2. Update and shut down. Nothing but background loads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and shut down. Nothing but background loads: I noticed I had a Windows update so I clicked update and shut down and left for work. I came home loaded up the computer everything loaded fine. I typed in my passcode and nothing loaded but the background picture. I tried the restart and hard shut down when the windows...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Pc randomly goes shuts down

Pc randomly goes shuts down: Hi so recently i have been having this problem where my screen might just go black and stays like that for awhile till it shuts itself off or return to normal. I checked my reliability history only to find out i have hardware errors most of the time where this happens. Help...
  7. Update and shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shut down...: This has been bugging me for years. I don't even know if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. When i press "Update and shutdown" i want my computer to finish the update and then shut down. This has never happened for me it always without fail updates and then restarts the...
  8. Shut down and Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut down and Update: Hi, my sister's computer she did an update and then shut down but the computer says shutdown with circle going aroungd for quite some time ? What does this means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-update/c5aa5d9b-f71e-4714-a7a5-776f241233ed
  9. BSOD After Never Shutting Down

BSOD After Never Shutting Down: Hello, I've been getting a lot of BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. At first I suspected that the bluescreens came from having never shut down my computer (it's either in sleep mode or being used). It's annoyed me to the point that I need help. My system was overclocked to...
  10. Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen: I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer...