Windows 10: Windows update & lost files 2019

Discus and support Windows update & lost files 2019 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why can Windows simply not wait for permission before restarting to update? Last evening, for the thousandth time, I went to get some food and had all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Player021158428, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows update & lost files 2019

Why can Windows simply not wait for permission before restarting to update? Last evening, for the thousandth time, I went to get some food and had all my unsaved files trashed once again. I even checked and there was no update pending. How is it 2019 and we just have to settle for this bulls**t that could be easily fixed?

:)

Player021158428, May 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 5, 2019
  4. Windows update & lost files 2019

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows update & lost files 2019

1. Windows update & lost files 2019 - Similar Threads - update lost files

2. Lost a file after Windows update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost a file after Windows update!: I allowed auto update of Windows, but afterwards could no longer load Word or Excel because this file was missing: AppVlsvSubsystems32.dll ARRGGH! What do I do?...
  3. Update/Lost folders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update/Lost folders and files: Hello all, I have an unfortunate situation that has come up. I tend to leave my windows 10 laptop turned on most of the time and occasionally will come back to it and see it has restarted. Typically this means there was an update during the night (have them set for something...
  4. lost files after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost files after update: my files disappeared after microsoft made automatic update. how can we get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files-after-update/f4ba6af2-bb21-40a5-bb48-cb3c3e0c8433
  5. Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !: Hello there ! I'm hoping someone can help me with this very particular problem. So last August 2019, I updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, but then was met with a strange occurance. I loaded up my desktop and it was empty, yet my background was still there....
  6. Windows File Explorer Search Bar lost various functions since November 2019 Windows update...

Windows File Explorer Search Bar lost various functions since November 2019 Windows update...: Since the last windows 10 update the search bar is not content sensitive anymore. As an example: When looking for a folder name, I would see a list of results as soon as I started typing. When I reached the 4th or 5th letter the list of results would usually be short enough...
  7. Lost Files After Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Files After Updating: I cleared space so I could update. After updating I couldn't sign it, b/c my User Profile failed to load. When It did indeed load, all of my files were gone. My whole livelihood is on the PC. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else? submitted by /u/Ginola331...
  8. September 11, 2019 Windows 10 Update Lost Microsoft Games

September 11, 2019 Windows 10 Update Lost Microsoft Games: I've been through this with each update and am to the point that I will no longer allow system updates. I liked the Windows 7 Solitaire games that I played on Windows 10. I do not like the ones from the Microsoft Store, so please, please tell me how to get my plain ol'...
  9. windows update lost files

windows update lost files: My compute made some kind of windows update last night - unbeknownst to me - and my desktop files are GONE. Can't find them anywhere. Why would Microsoft update my Windows without notice????????...
  10. Windows Update March 2019 lost track of MRT running

Windows Update March 2019 lost track of MRT running: Windows update initiated MRT and now cannot install other updates as MRT is still running (75 minutes or so) using 100% of a CPU core on a SSD system drive. Windows update says: "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may...