Windows 10: Windows Update lost previous purchases :/

Discus and support Windows Update lost previous purchases :/ in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I feel so incompetent and frustrated. LOL. I woke up the other day to my Laptop having finished a Windows Update and upon starting it up I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jessiahbell, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Windows Update lost previous purchases :/

I feel so incompetent and frustrated. LOL.

I woke up the other day to my Laptop having finished a Windows Update and upon starting it up I noticed when I opened my Microsoft Edge it was completely new with all my "stuff" wiped from it. I spent a few hours researching this issue and pieced together how to located my Favorites in File Explorer and copy paste but the option to highlight and copy paste wasn't allowed! I struggled with the issue for a while longer than gave up, figuring if that was the worst of it I'd get over it.

It was not the worst of it.

Today I opened the silly Pirates of Everseas game that my sons love to play together and it starts as if we are a brand new user. None of our purchases are there, our island and everything they've been working on is gone. After struggling with THAT one, out of fear I opened up the Music Maker Jam app we have installed to see if our purchases were gone from there and of course they were!

I have logged into my Microsoft account hoping maybe it all needs to sync to reload or something to no avail. I have tried the Virtual Help thingy to no avail. I have gone on each individual apps separate forums and scoured for insight to no avail. I can view and confirm my past purchases as far as the add ons I purchased in my Microsoft Store Order History but there's no option to re-download. I have looked into the advanced settings of each app and those don't have an option for re-downloading either.

I attempted to uninstall the update after reading articles saying that may allow things to go back to their prior state when I was only worried about the Microsoft Edge stuff missing - before I knew the apps were missing stuff too but I forgot that I didn't adjust any of the auto-update settings so as soon as I restarted my laptop it auto-updated and that's where I stopped and came here.

I have no idea if anyone has any advice or if there is anything I can do :/ I'm a former Mac user but years ago was into Windows so I'm semi-capable and competent enough to follow clear direction if anyone has any, just not savvy enough to go it alone.

Thank you for any advice or assistance!!!!

:)

Jessiahbell, Apr 18, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update lost previous purchases :/ :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Hockster Win User
    Windows 7 update help needed

Language packs should be listed in the optional updates section of Windows Update.

As for installing Win 7, it should merely ask for the qualifying media to be inserted to the dvd drive. That's what XP upgrade install discs did when there wasn't a previous OS installed.

Hockster, Apr 18, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Update lost previous purchases :/

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update lost previous purchases :/

1. Windows Update lost previous purchases :/ - Similar Threads - Update lost previous

2. Previously purchased games not downloadable after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased games not downloadable after reset: I have followed all Windows Help recommendations to get my son's games back, and I cannot make it work. He used his own money to pay for the games and is heartbroken. Info. - - The games were purchased in the Microsoft store, and I have the order history saved. from ~1 year...
  3. Previously purchased software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased software: I purchased software for my new Surface 7's in December but was working for a company I left and no longer have access to that email address How do I get the codes to reinstall the software as I also had to scrub my personal computers I tried the verify yourself system...
  4. Downloading a previously purchased game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading a previously purchased game: I previously purchased Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition, and downloaded it on one pc. How do I download the same game THAT I BOUGHT, on a different pc, without buying it again? I signed into the Microsoft account and store on the new pc, and I see the order, but when I try to...
  5. Cannot see previously purchased apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot see previously purchased apps: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, but the Microsoft Store shows no previously installed apps BUT if I search for an app I know I've gotten previously, it shows as Owned. How do I fix this?...
  6. Download and activate previously purchased windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download and activate previously purchased windows 8: Hello, I had purchased windows 8 few years ago and had installed it on my laptop which was running windows 7 at that time(win 7 came installed on the laptop). After that i upgraded it to windows 10 during the free upgrade offer. However, recently my laptop had some issue...
  7. Windows activation for previously purchased windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation for previously purchased windows 10 Pro: Hello: Back in 2017, I upgraded my system to windows 10 Pro from windows home. Things worked great til Hard drive died. Can reinstall windows but I need the activation code from when I purchased the upgrade. I have the transaction code and the method of payment. How...
  8. Lost book download purchased

Lost book download purchased: I bought an ebook suggested on a Microsoft email, paid via PayPal and when I went to download it, it was suggested to download Edge as I did...now I have no way to pull up the book nor can I find anywhere other than as a past order from Microsoft...
  9. I lost purchased games

I lost purchased games: I purchased and played several games on my PC. Recently I’ve decided to reinstall these games but received a message that I need to buy them again. Why? I have my email receipts and keep my order history....
  10. Previous purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous purchase: I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 in May, 2017. My computer had to be reset & I lost all the things. I have not had an issue with anything other than Minecraft, which isn't downloading at all. I have been at this for 2 hours &, for the safety of my computer, am requesting...