Windows 10: Windows update lost speakers again.

Discus and support Windows update lost speakers again. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows updated and now tells me again that there are no speakers plugged in although there are. This has happened before and I can't remember how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jspollick, Feb 27, 2020.

1. jspollick Win User

Windows update lost speakers again.

Windows updated and now tells me again that there are no speakers plugged in although there are. This has happened before and I can't remember how I resolved it. I have an NVIDIA sound driver. When I run the trouble shooter it tells me that there are no speakers plugged in. When I check the sound card it says that it is operating correctly. I have tried everything I know of to fix this thing

Windows version 1909

Build 18363.657

It seems to me that I had to get into the registry and do something

:)

jspollick, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Windows update lost speakers again.

Speakers not working with Windows 10

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you receive any error messages?
    • Have you tried using a different speaker with your device?

Meanwhile, you can check on this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows update lost speakers again.

1. Windows update lost speakers again. - Similar Threads - update lost speakers

2. echo in speakers after update "again" Microsoft needs to fix their updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    echo in speakers after update "again" Microsoft needs to fix their updates: This is 3rd time that Microsoft messes up my computer with an update. The speakers when playing any type of video now have a very annoying echo which makes the audio of video really hard to hear. Plus since this keeps happening I am so angry because it takes hours for me to...
  3. Bluetooth lost AGAIN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth lost AGAIN: My BT functionality has disappeared after a W10 update, for the 3rd time. The first two times I was able to remedy the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in Device Manager. The BT does not show in Device Manager even when Show Hidden Devices is checked. Now...
  4. my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!!

my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!!: So, once again my mouse has disappeared when I got the update. Every time i get the current update my mouse, the drivers, and the option to even have a mouse in the "Device Manager" goes away. EVERY TIME That's right, every time an update slips through when i turn off...
  5. Lost password -- again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password -- again: April 12/2020: Discovered that my password no longer worked to sign in to my computer probably after another Microsoft Windows 10 update. Please fix this recurring problem. It's annoying....
  6. Speakers lost after latest update.

Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  7. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  8. just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!: Every "fix" they show says to right click on the IDT high def codec, I no longer have it how do I get it back??? this sound problem happens with every major update!! GETTING OLD!!!!!!...
  9. Windows update downloading update again and again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update downloading update again and again.: I downloaded an update called 19H1; it downloaded 70% and then I turned my PC off, when I started my PC today, the update didn't start from 70% but from 0%, any fix??? it happened like four times. Do anyone has this problem...???...
  10. lost the use of my speakers

lost the use of my speakers: I am using a year old ASUS laptop. I am running Windows 10. Twice now, I've lost the use of my speakers. I've tried everything. A week ago, I accidentally came upon a system restore and tried it. It worked. Now I'm without speakers again, so I tried it again and still no...