Windows 10: Windows update made a bios upgrade so when the machine restart the PC is asking me for...

Discus and support Windows update made a bios upgrade so when the machine restart the PC is asking me for... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What can I do in this case. I don't have the bitlocker? I have a HP Envy with Windows 10. If I recovery the original bios .... it could works?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlejandroFlamerich, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Windows update made a bios upgrade so when the machine restart the PC is asking me for...

What can I do in this case.

I don't have the bitlocker?

I have a HP Envy with Windows 10.

If I recovery the original bios .... it could works?

How can I do this?

I already check in the domain controller and store Bitlocker was not enable.

I already check in my windows account and does not appear the Bitlocker. It mean that it was not enable before the bios upgrade. If not It should be there, isn't it?

I can see in my microsoft account the laptop and it sais Bitlocker enable.

Can Microsoft help me to recovery the Bitlocker?

Regards

Alejandro

:)

AlejandroFlamerich, Jun 30, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Windows update made a bios upgrade so when the machine restart the PC is asking me for...

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 PC + 15205 Mobile Insider

The easiest workaround I know, a solution that works every time is to use a virtual machine as "Get the upgrade" machine.

Using Hyper-V it would go like this:
    1. Download latest official ISO for your edition and bit architecture
    2. Install it on a VM. Skip the product key when asked, for this purpose Windows does not have to be activated
    3. Before opting in for Fast Ring, update VM fully
    4. When updated create a checkpoint
    5. Opt in for Fast Ring, restart
    6. Download upgrade. New fresh installs find it usually immediately
    7. Make your own ISO from upgrade files, restore VM checkpoint (step 4) to be ready for next build upgrade
    8. Upgrade physical machines with your ISO; a computer does not have to be opted in for Insider Builds to be able to use them
    9. When next build is released just repeat steps 6 to 8

Thema:

Windows update made a bios upgrade so when the machine restart the PC is asking me for...

1. Windows update made a bios upgrade so when the machine restart the PC is asking me for... - Similar Threads - update made bios

2. Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.: Windows made me restart and install two updates which now corrupted my files. I tried every single troubleshoot option and nothings working. I can’t seem to fix it. I’ve tried everything in the bios that would help. Troubleshooting isn’t doing anything. I can’t uninstall the...
  3. Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows made me restart to update and blue screened my pc.: Windows made me restart and install two updates which now corrupted my files. I tried every single troubleshoot option and nothings working. I can’t seem to fix it. I’ve tried everything in the bios that would help. Troubleshooting isn’t doing anything. I can’t uninstall the...
  4. Restarting after the Windows 22H2 update it asks for me for a password even when i dont...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Restarting after the Windows 22H2 update it asks for me for a password even when i dont...: i was told to go to bios menu and uninstall feature update it's becoming a headache to turn off windows update everytime and even then it'll auto update and then i'll have to uninstall the feature update what to do ?...
  5. Restarting after the Windows 22H2 update it asks for me for a password even when i dont...

Restarting after the Windows 22H2 update it asks for me for a password even when i dont...: i was told to go to bios menu and uninstall feature update it's becoming a headache to turn off windows update everytime and even then it'll auto update and then i'll have to uninstall the feature update what to do ?...
  6. windows 10 upgrade has made my machine unbootable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 upgrade has made my machine unbootable: There was a upgrade that is happening on my machine on Apr 3rd which has made it inaccessible. This is a lenovo desktop which is running a CTP version of windows 10. Current state:- BIOS does recognizes the hard drive and when booted a couple of times and takes it to...
  7. windows 10 upgrade has made my machine unbootable

windows 10 upgrade has made my machine unbootable: There was a upgrade that is happening on my machine on Apr 3rd which has made it inaccessible. This is a lenovo desktop which is running a CTP version of windows 10. Current state:- BIOS does recognizes the hard drive and when booted a couple of times and takes it to...
  8. windows 10 upgrade has made my machine unbootable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. when i boot my pc it asks me to go to bios and change the boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    when i boot my pc it asks me to go to bios and change the boot device: problem is it gives no power to my keybord or mouse when this happens what can i do to fix this issue windows number ver 1909 os build 18363 1139 [img] 167490
  10. Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows doesnt recognise my upgraded machine- asking for me to activate Windows: I need help. I just upgraded my desktop to a new mobo and cpu. I reused my gpu ram and ssd drives so thought it wouldnt cause a problem. I now have a problem where my windows needs to be activated. I went into setting. with my windows 7pro disk code and it says it doesnt...