Windows 10: Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it!

Discus and support Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've recently bought this new computer with and have used this for quite a while now. When I start it up it is a Windows 10. I played some games on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanishAniq, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it!

I've recently bought this new computer with and have used this for quite a while now. When I start it up it is a Windows 10. I played some games on it without any issue and no lag but when I updated it yesterday (15/2/18) since I had nothing else to do and I'm not using my computer for anything. After the update I notice that whenever I played my games, it became very laggy. Even those games like roblox where it runs smoothly on the laptop. Please help me. I tried reinstalling the game and all but nothing happen. Don't worry about the discord as before the update it was also like that but no performance issue. Please help me. Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it! ab81056c-9119-4c38-adc9-bd3791a9fb5e?upload=true.png

:)

DanishAniq, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Very late to this one . . . but of course Windows Update slows your computer. It's not rocket science. Updates are patches . . . added code. The more code your computer is required to read and process, the longer it's going to take to do it. The more bloated the code, the more RAM it requires.

Or let me put it another way: most people update or replace their computers because they are 'getting slow'. Computers don't get tired with age - what could possibly be slowing them down?

Windows Update and driver updates are the worst culprits. And the general advice to always update software and drivers is misguided.

There are a million different configurations of PCs in the world. Microsoft and other manufacturers cannot test the software on every spec. Over time problems are discovered running software on specific hardware. e.g. Windows 10 running Firefox from an SSD, using intel HD graphics on an AMD dual core processor will hang if Adobe is installed.

Microsoft or Intel with issue a patch to fix this. This patch will installed on every machine regardless of its configuration. So, even if you don't use Firefox, have an SSD or a dual-core processor your machine will run whatever patch code to accomodate the non-compliant configuration - thus slowing the system down.

Surtsey Ana, Feb 16, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it!

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it!

1. Windows update made my computer slow. Help me I don't know how to fix it! - Similar Threads - update made computer

2. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.: I had a computer that had NVIDIA Display could run and play smoothly. One day my computer screen glitched and then for a short time computer screen is back but it's like stretched. I went to Device Manager and I ACCIDENTALLY deleted NVIDIA Graphics Card, then the screen...
  3. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.: I had a computer that had NVIDIA Display could run and play smoothly. One day my computer screen glitched and then for a short time computer screen is back but it's like stretched. I went to Device Manager and I ACCIDENTALLY deleted NVIDIA Graphics Card, then the screen...
  4. I made a terrible mistake and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  6. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  7. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I don't know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix this: I tried raise FPS Valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-this/33c6c901-76ac-4b78-97a9-346f8b8179cd
  9. I don't know how to fix this please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know how to fix this please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arun071 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izlwsm/i_dont_know_how_to_fix_this_please_help/
  10. Please help I Don't know how to fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help I Don't know how to fix: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ilyosjon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imh5ry/please_help_i_dont_know_how_to_fix/