Windows 10: Windows update made my games lag

Discus and support Windows update made my games lag in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been having this problem for a while, I haven’t been able to do windows update since November 2021, when it forces me to I have to uninstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jamie Jones1, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Windows update made my games lag

I’ve been having this problem for a while, I haven’t been able to do windows update since November 2021, when it forces me to I have to uninstall the updates and reinstall my graphics drivers. But 3 days ago the computer forced me to update I tried uninstalling the updates and reinstalling the graphics cards, several times, and my games are still very laggy.I’ve contacted Microsoft support but haven’t really got much help, they’ve tried resetting my pc, repairing my pc, going into disk manager and updating the drivers in there.I made sure my games are using the right graphics card but when I g

:)

Jamie Jones1, Feb 3, 2023

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Windows update made my games lag

Game lag after the most recent update

Hi Billy,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you're experiencing lags while playing. One of which is the game server issue. To properly address your this concern, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link
    . This can help diagnose and resolve issues with Microsoft products or third-party software that affects Microsoft products.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows update made my games lag

1. Windows update made my games lag - Similar Threads - update made games

2. Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag: I have been a pc gamer since I was 9 and games have always been smooth. From my Sims 3 days to my current fallout 4 and stardew valley rotation, everything has worked fine. Back in the day I had an Emachines desktop that could play Sims like nobody’s business, but now on my...
  3. Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag: I have been a pc gamer since I was 9 and games have always been smooth. From my Sims 3 days to my current fallout 4 and stardew valley rotation, everything has worked fine. Back in the day I had an Emachines desktop that could play Sims like nobody’s business, but now on my...
  4. Windows update made my games lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update made my games lag: I’ve been having this problem for a while, I haven’t been able to do windows update since November 2021, when it forces me to I have to uninstall the updates and reinstall my graphics drivers. But 3 days ago the computer forced me to update I tried uninstalling the updates...
  5. GAMES LAGGING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GAMES LAGGING AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE: I am unable to play game like valorant my game have fps drops.fps drop to 0 and game freezes for 3 sec.i tried to reset but still not working. it happened few time before to but then i factory reset then it was working then i updated my windows again and it screwed me over...
  6. My games are lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My games are lagging: So I been Trying to play left4dead2 and my frames were around 40 to 60 but now its 30 at best. My specs are i5 2nd gen and intel hd 3000 and I have it at max performance and these specs are way better than recommended specs submitted by /u/memeskid123 [link] [comments]...
  7. 2004 update made everything lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update made everything lag: Whenever I use snip and sketch it takes several seconds to move the highlighted area because of lag. Does anyone else have this problem? submitted by /u/Reddey13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1teuj/2004_update_made_everything_lag/
  8. Lag in Games after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag in Games after Windows Update: I am experiencing sudden frame drop in games after Updating Windows 10 KB4566782 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-in-games-after-windows-update/dc1a6fb3-80ec-4520-9b63-4ba6dcdcd94c
  9. Windows Update - gaming lag...unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - gaming lag...unplayable: Windows 10 was just updated yesterday 5/29/2020 with a link given to me from a Microsoft advisor. Now my games are unplayable with lag. When I used the settings check for updates, there were none available and I was already up to date. If I check my update history, it is...
  10. Game lag after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag after windows update: I just finished updating my windows to KB4015438 and i got a problem with fps drop on my games. Before updating to this version my game just run smooth but after this update my game terrible lagging. Any solution ? 81558