Windows 10: Windows Update major issues

Discus and support Windows Update major issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I made the mistake of installing the latest major Windows update and it caused major issues with my computer. After restarting my machine for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JusKillMeFam, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows Update major issues

Hi, I made the mistake of installing the latest major Windows update and it caused major issues with my computer. After restarting my machine for the first time after the update, certain apps refused to work ( such as: Discord, Minecraft, Windows Store) as well as certain websites (such as Discord, twitter, Microsoft support (lol) ) not connecting with a ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error. Other websites worked (such as: Facebook, Google).

I attempted system restoring and it always ran into problems stopping it from completing so I bit the bullet and factory restored my machine, but none of the issues were resolved and now Windows fails to install older updates (such as: 1703 KB4462937, 1703 KB4462939) with the error code 0x80073712 and one other I cannot remember. Also, instead of websites failing to connect with ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED they get a timeout error, but same website work and dont work as before.

Windows update troubleshooter has claimed to fix many issues (some multiple times in a row) but i get the same errors and same results when trying to update.

Not sure what else to do at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

:)

JusKillMeFam, Aug 18, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows Update major issues

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows Update major issues :)

Techtu, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update major issues

1. Windows Update major issues - Similar Threads - Update major issues

2. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  3. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  4. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Major Display Issue after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major Display Issue after Windows Update.: Hello all, After updating to the newest windows on my 2020 spectra x360 I have been having some SERIOUS display glitching multiple horizontal black bars across screen, copying parts of the screen and repeating them in odd places on display. It tends to happen and worsen when...
  6. Major Windows Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Windows Issues: Ive had some issues with windows over the past few days. Today I have gotten around 8 different stop codes 1. 0xc000021a 2. System Service Expection NTFS.sys failed 3. Page fault in nonpaged area 4. Kernal secruity check failure 5. Memory Management 6. System...
  7. Recent major update issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent major update issues: MS recently did a major update for windows 10 on my Surface pro 6. I dread these, for good reasons. Just when I get it operating decently, MS does a major update and hoses it up. Issues I am having now. 1) Return of the old issue, Micro SD card dismounting. I had this fixed...
  8. Major Windows Issue

Major Windows Issue: Help, I received the blue screen in which it says my computer encountered a problem and needs to restart. I tried system restore, nothing. When I open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error....
  9. Major issue

Major issue: I experienced a blue screen last week which My laptop had to restart, since then when I try to open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error. Error status 0xc0000006, plus my WiFi network...
  10. Major issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major issues: Hey guys, so I am only 15 so I am not the best with computers, but I am pretty good. So I've had so many issues with this thing its unreal. Probs had to reset from scratched about 5-7 times so far. So, when i first got it reset this time, everything was great, then my...