Windows 10: Windows Update Medic Service is not a valid Win32 application

Discus and support Windows Update Medic Service is not a valid Win32 application in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've noticed that I have been getting an Event ID 7023 that states: The Windows Update Medic Service service terminated with the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamGriffiths2, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Windows Update Medic Service is not a valid Win32 application

Hi,

I've noticed that I have been getting an Event ID 7023 that states:

The Windows Update Medic Service service terminated with the following error:
    Windows Update Medic Service is not a valid Win32 application.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit which was a fresh install in late August 2019, and my first case of this was on 14/01/2020, and subsequently:

14/05/2020

04/06/2020

12/06/2020

06/08/2020 at 10:05am

I did update my computer yesterday after I saw one was available after being chcked at 10:08am, so it could be linked?

It looks like these errors happen as it boots up, being usually the 2nd or 3rd event to happen in the System log category. I haven't been noticing anything bad with the computer in general, it seems to be running fine and updates fine. I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't occassionally check the event log. The only thing that occassionally happens is that my internet will drop every now and then, but that has been happening since I installed Windows so I think it's just due to my ISP and my home's infrastructure.

I've had a search around and can't find much useful info. I have run SFC /Scannow and a DISM health scan and there have been no corruptions, and I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes in Safe Mode, since it seems to happen at boot, and also found nothing wrong. I had also run a few scans with Malwarebytes and my regular antivirus, TalkTalk Online Defence an F-Secure product from my ISP, in the past few months and have not had any detections.

The only thing that comes to mind is that may be linked is that my computer was somewhat corrupted leading to a temporary account issue a couple of months ago, in June I believe, which I ended up repairing with an ISO, however the windows store app tile was broken for a while until it righted itself a few weeks ago probably via an update. It seems possible that my computer was corrupted some time before then which may be the 14/05 event, and that this service error is kind of a leftover of that?

Is this something I should worry about or is it a bug that happens now and then? Like I said, my computer seems fine regardless.

Thanks in advance,

Will

:)

WilliamGriffiths2, Aug 7, 2020
  2. perdrix Win User

x is not a valid Win32 Application

I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application.

Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP SP3 windows gives me a nastygram saying it's not a valid Win32 application.

So what steps should I follow to determine why this is happening?

I came here 'cos I believe that there are people here who know this stuff.

Thanks
    David

perdrix, Aug 7, 2020
  3. swmiller Win User
    Windows Process Activation Service is not a valid Win32 application.

I started having an issue when starting the World Wide Web Publishing Service on my Windows 10 development workstation. When I try to start the service I get the following message:

The World Wide Web Publishing Service service depends on the Windows Process Activation Service service which failed to start because of the following error: World Wide Web Publishing Service is not a valid Win32 application.

If I look in the Event Viewer, I see another message for the Windows Process Activation Service on which the World Wide Web Publishing Service depends:

The Windows Process Activation Service service terminated with the following error: Windows Process Activation Service is not a valid Win32 application.

If I try to start the Windows Process Activation Service from the Services app, I get the following message in a dialog box:

Windows could not start the Windows Process Activation Service service on Local Computer: Error 193: 0xc1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

swmiller, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Windows Update Medic Service is not a valid Win32 application

HELP! windowsphone.exe not a valid win32 application

Hi Vasile

I use the tool that you give to me..it completely uninstalled the app..but when i try to install again the updated windowsPhone app for desktop the same error occurs it says that the .exe file is not a valid win32 application

I also follow the steps in our second option..I think it is not applicable in this case because i cant even install the updated version of the app

Best Regards,
    Lemuel

Lemuel JayRamos, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Medic Service is not a valid Win32 application

1. Windows Update Medic Service is not a valid Win32 application - Similar Threads - Update Medic Service

2. No Windows Update Medic Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows Update Medic Service: Hello,How do I get my Windows Update Medic Service back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-update-medic-service/f899c821-2980-417a-b1e5-b7c8dffb5fad
  3. No Windows Update Medic Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows Update Medic Service: Hello,How do I get my Windows Update Medic Service back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-update-medic-service/f899c821-2980-417a-b1e5-b7c8dffb5fad
  4. Auto Time Zone Updater is not a valid Win32 application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Time Zone Updater is not a valid Win32 application: Auto Time Zone Updater is not a valid Win32 applicationWhy am I seeing this in the event viewer?Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 8/11/2022 10:27:19 AM Event ID: 7023 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Whistler...
  5. Auto Time Zone Updater is not a valid Win32 application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Time Zone Updater is not a valid Win32 application: Auto Time Zone Updater is not a valid Win32 applicationWhy am I seeing this in the event viewer?Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 8/11/2022 10:27:19 AM Event ID: 7023 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Whistler...
  6. Auto Time Zone Updater is not a valid Win32 application

7. Windows Update Medic Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Medic Service: Can I disable windows update medic service? Is something bad happen after I disable Windows update medic service in regedit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-medic-service/7df45d45-bde3-489d-90c9-cebc928282bc
  8. Windows Update Medic Service

Windows Update Medic Service: Can I disable windows update medic service? Is something bad happen after I disable Windows update medic service in regedit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-medic-service/7df45d45-bde3-489d-90c9-cebc928282bc
  9. x is not a valid Win32 Application

x is not a valid Win32 Application: I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP...
  10. x is not a valid Win32 Application

in Windows 10 Support
    x is not a valid Win32 Application: I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP...