Windows 10: Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f.

Discus and support Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok, this is a long one.So, I was updating my computer, and then it throws an error: “0x800f081f”. I’ve troubleshooted the service with the built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AManInterestedInIT, May 21, 2024.

1. Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f.

Ok, this is a long one.So, I was updating my computer, and then it throws an error: “0x800f081f”. I’ve troubleshooted the service with the built-in troubleshooter, it said it did fix it, but nope. I looked at the “More Details” button and it showed me the WaaSMedicSvc. When I looked in the services app, it said it was turned off. I turned it on, and it kept turning off. The startup method was “manual”, which I set it to Auto, but “Access is denied.” Thats why i’m asking you guys to help me.

:)

AManInterestedInIT, May 21, 2024

2. No Windows Update Medic Service

The Windows Update Medic Service might show as WaasMedicSvc in the Service MMC listing.

If it's missing, use the REG fix suggested by John DeV.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 21, 2024
  3. Nirmal M Win User
    Update Error 0x800f081f for Update KB5030219

I am getting this error for Cumulative updates since a month, to be more precise Update KB5030219

As shown in the video posted below, the other update succesfully gets downloaded and installed while the reported update gives me error code 0x800f081f. Video listed is a timelapse fast forward it to the end to see the error

Laptop Model: Asus Vivobook 15.6 inch M515DA-BQ512WS

Steps I have tried to resolve the error:

1. Every process mentioned in this thread, yet none worked to resolve this.
    2. Appraoched ASUS service centre, where they suggested me to clean wipe and install the updates to resolve this error.
    Yet one of the working engineer also suggested me to write this in the forum as last step of hope before resetting the whole laptop.

Installing every application to be at today's restore point will take me around 15-20 hours of continous screen time, which I really not willing to take.

I am usually on & off my wifi for work conditions, hence attempts to pause the updates have also been out of question.

I am also curious to understand the reason for initiation of this error. Also, would love to explore any other possibilities where I might have missed to neutralise this error as it is affecting my meter connection.

Hope to see similar reports or expertise so as to collectively resolve this error for the community.

Nirmal M, May 21, 2024
  4. Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f.

windows update medic services not listed is services

Hello I am using windows 11 and I`ve found that windows update medic services is not listed in my services application...What should I do and should I be worried

Pulkit Sharma1, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f.

1. Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f. - Similar Threads - Update Medic Service

2. Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Medic Service, when I update it shows error 0x800f081f.: Ok, this is a long one.So, I was updating my computer, and then it throws an error: “0x800f081f”. I’ve troubleshooted the service with the built-in troubleshooter, it said it did fix it, but nope. I looked at the “More Details” button and it showed me the WaaSMedicSvc. When I...
  3. No Windows Update Medic Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows Update Medic Service: Hello,How do I get my Windows Update Medic Service back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-update-medic-service/f899c821-2980-417a-b1e5-b7c8dffb5fad
  4. No Windows Update Medic Service

No Windows Update Medic Service: Hello,How do I get my Windows Update Medic Service back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-update-medic-service/f899c821-2980-417a-b1e5-b7c8dffb5fad
  5. windows update medic services not listed is services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update medic services not listed is services: Hello I am using windows 11 and I`ve found that windows update medic services is not listed in my services application...What should I do and should I be worried...
  6. windows update medic services not listed is services

windows update medic services not listed is services: Hello I am using windows 11 and I`ve found that windows update medic services is not listed in my services application...What should I do and should I be worried...
  7. Windows Update Medic Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Medic Service: Can I disable windows update medic service? Is something bad happen after I disable Windows update medic service in regedit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-medic-service/7df45d45-bde3-489d-90c9-cebc928282bc
  8. Windows Update Medic Service

Windows Update Medic Service: Can I disable windows update medic service? Is something bad happen after I disable Windows update medic service in regedit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-medic-service/7df45d45-bde3-489d-90c9-cebc928282bc
  9. Windows update medic service malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update medic service malware: Hi so we use our machines in a professional environment and something in the windows updates after 1909, stop half the software we use for media creation from working. Simple solution is to disable all updates until we know this issue has gone away on a test unit. So we...
  10. microsoft windows update medic service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft windows update medic service: If the windows medic service is not switched on, is it ok? Or do I need to switch it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/microsoft-windows-update-medic-service/f43a9495-c601-4a62-87c3-f11c9d5796c7