Windows 10: Windows Update Medic Service

Discus and support Windows Update Medic Service in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can I disable windows update medic service? Is something bad happen after I disable Windows update medic service in regedit?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EstherEmily, May 30, 2022.

1. Windows Update Medic Service

Can I disable windows update medic service? Is something bad happen after I disable Windows update medic service in regedit?

:)

EstherEmily, May 30, 2022

2. Windows Update Service: Manual (Triggered) Is that the same as Windows Update Medic Service

I am having issues downloading Windows updates (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03) where it just continues to initialize and downloads but then starts initializing again for hours. So I went to check the settings as posted below in
    order to fix the issue:

• Restart the Windows Update Services: Open the Service Manager and ensure that they are Started and their Startup type is as follows:
    1. Background Intelligent Transfer Service: Manual
    2. Cryptographic Service: Automatic
    3. Windows Update Service: Manual (Triggered)
    #1 and #2 above are fine but I do not see "Windows Update Service: Manual (Triggered)" at all. Instead I see "Windows Update Medic Service" set to manual. Is that the same thing and if not- should I have a settings titled "Windows Update Service: Manual
    (Triggered)" ? If yes, how to I find where I can add that missing setting into my laptop? Can that cause other issues?

Best,

Lee

solidsilver222, May 30, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    microsoft windows update medic service

Hi ajay6912

The Medic service repairs Windows Update when there is an issue downloading updates, it should not be turned off as it is a required component of Windows 10 . . .

DaveM121, May 30, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Update Medic Service

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update Medic Service

1. Windows Update Medic Service - Similar Threads - Update Medic Service

2. No Windows Update Medic Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows Update Medic Service: Hello,How do I get my Windows Update Medic Service back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-update-medic-service/f899c821-2980-417a-b1e5-b7c8dffb5fad
  3. No Windows Update Medic Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows Update Medic Service: Hello,How do I get my Windows Update Medic Service back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-update-medic-service/f899c821-2980-417a-b1e5-b7c8dffb5fad
  4. Are the services Windows Update Medic Service and Windows Update Health Service the same?

Are the services Windows Update Medic Service and Windows Update Health Service the same?: Are the services Windows Update Medic Service and Windows Update Health Service the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-the-services-windows-update-medic-service-and/cf581316-ecb2-4838-a953-553b03b07b8b
  5. Are the services Windows Update Medic Service and Windows Update Health Service the same?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are the services Windows Update Medic Service and Windows Update Health Service the same?: Are the services Windows Update Medic Service and Windows Update Health Service the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-the-services-windows-update-medic-service-and/cf581316-ecb2-4838-a953-553b03b07b8b
  6. windows update medic services not listed is services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update medic services not listed is services: Hello I am using windows 11 and I`ve found that windows update medic services is not listed in my services application...What should I do and should I be worried...
  7. windows update medic services not listed is services

windows update medic services not listed is services: Hello I am using windows 11 and I`ve found that windows update medic services is not listed in my services application...What should I do and should I be worried...
  8. Windows Update Medic Service

Windows Update Medic Service: Can I disable windows update medic service? Is something bad happen after I disable Windows update medic service in regedit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-medic-service/7df45d45-bde3-489d-90c9-cebc928282bc
  9. Windows update medic service malware

Windows update medic service malware: Hi so we use our machines in a professional environment and something in the windows updates after 1909, stop half the software we use for media creation from working. Simple solution is to disable all updates until we know this issue has gone away on a test unit. So we...
  10. microsoft windows update medic service

microsoft windows update medic service: If the windows medic service is not switched on, is it ok? Or do I need to switch it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/microsoft-windows-update-medic-service/f43a9495-c601-4a62-87c3-f11c9d5796c7