Windows 10: Windows Update Message??

Discus and support Windows Update Message?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am not sure what should I do with this message? I was checking to see if any new Windows Update in Update and Security but got the yellow message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by imcanadian, Sep 14, 2018.

1. imcanadian Win User

Windows Update Message??

I am not sure what should I do with this message? I was checking to see if any new Windows Update in Update and Security but got the yellow message popped up. Here is below:

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

I am not sure what device is missing? How can I check to see what device is missing in Windows 10 Professional with the latest slow ring update of 10.0.17754.1 (rs5_release).

I am using Windows Defender for anti-virus program.

John

:)

imcanadian, Sep 14, 2018
  2. cDreamDancer Win User

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Sep 14, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update Message??

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Message?? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Message??

1. Windows Update Message?? - Similar Threads - Update Message

2. message after Windows update - 'some settings are controlled by your organisation'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    message after Windows update - 'some settings are controlled by your organisation': After each Windows update I get a red notice saying 'some settings are controlled by your organization". can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/message-after-windows-update-some-settings-are/391b37fc-29e1-4469-a3ac-ea56a55b509d"
  3. message "updates need to be installed" 1803 history has failed every time it try it. Over...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    message "updates need to be installed" 1803 history has failed every time it try it. Over...: the message "updates need to be installed" 1803 history has failed every time it try it. Over 50 times by now. the message "free up space" I only have a small laptop under 26 GB. Can I disable it Thank you...
  4. Fix The update isn’t applicable to your computer error message

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The update isn’t applicable to your computer error message: [ATTACH] Many a time when you try installing an update to Windows 10, it simply says that ‘The update isn’t applicable to your computer‘. That’s strange right because it was Windows which downloaded them in the first place. In this post, [...] This post Fix The update isn’t...
  5. WhatsApp Desktop for Windows 10 updated with message forwarding restrictions

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp Desktop for Windows 10 updated with message forwarding restrictions: The Facebook-owned social media messaging service WhatsApp last year launched the WhatsApp Desktop app for Windows 10 which is basically a web wrapper but it can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. It’s a convenient way to chat with your contacts on WhatsApp straight...
  6. usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages.

usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages.: usb ports stopped working after windows update. windows updates fail to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/usb-ports-not-working-windows-updates-not/1465e9eb-9667-49cf-80f4-86f4594d1f47
  7. OneDrive Message Center Updates July 16th - July 31st

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Message Center Updates July 16th - July 31st: We are excited to announce these updates to the OneDrive service this month. We’ll be releasing some great improvements to the OneDrive Android apps and we’ve reorganized our documentation to make it easier for you to find answers and stay on top of things. We also have an...
  8. Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

Windows Update troubleshooting error messages: Ran the Troubleshooter for Windows Upgrade. Got Issue Found: Potential Windows Update Database error detected - - Not Fixed Then it reported: Repair Windows Update Database Corruption . . . . Completed. One troubleshooting step to resolve WU issues is to delete and...
  9. Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update and my main programs won't run- missing .dll file message and reinstall: Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me....all of the windows updates give me missing .dll file messages and state that I have to reinstall the programs. I have had this happen every windows 10 update and have had to go back to the earlier build every time. I have so...
  10. "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates...: After installing this update called 2018-07 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for *64 based systems (KB4345421) and when I went to windows update in settings, on top it said like this; "some settings are managed by your organization" (I use windows 10 pro and this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont recognize .msg after security update