Windows 10: Windows Update Message??

Discus and support Windows Update Message?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am not sure what should I do with this message? I was checking to see if any new Windows Update in Update and Security but got the yellow message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by imcanadian, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows Update Message??

I am not sure what should I do with this message? I was checking to see if any new Windows Update in Update and Security but got the yellow message popped up. Here is below:

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

I am not sure what device is missing? How can I check to see what device is missing in Windows 10 Professional with the latest slow ring update of 10.0.17754.1 (rs5_release).

I am using Windows Defender for anti-virus program.

John

:)

imcanadian, Sep 14, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Sep 14, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update Message??

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Message?? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Message??

1. Windows Update Message?? - Similar Threads - Update Message

2. blue screen stopcode message and restart problem after updates installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen stopcode message and restart problem after updates installed: I posted a question with subject similar to above in this post and ViJay and Phillip replied to me with instructions and now I can't find my original question. In process of providing my reply to Phillip I encountered another blue screen stopcode message and restart. Do I...
  3. Blue screen with stopcode message and restart problem after updates installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen with stopcode message and restart problem after updates installed: I have Dell Inspiron laptop, with Windows 10 V1803. The following abnormal behavior started after updates installed on 2/13/2019 and 02/14/2019. The laptop is in sleep mode, upon waking the laptop - it responds displaying the screen I was on when sleep started [e.g....
  4. OneDrive Message Center Updates January 15 to 31

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Message Center Updates January 15 to 31: Hi everyone, Here are the latest updates to the OneDrive service! We’re finishing off January of 2019 with some great new features including The File Hover Card is now available for all file types, the new Office 365 suite header is rolling out, and some great improvements...
  5. problem installing an update for windows defender. Message saying installing but has beeb...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem installing an update for windows defender. Message saying installing but has beeb...: Trying to install a definition update for windows defender virus on 30/1/2019, have a message saying installing but has been like this for 4 days with no sign of the update being installed How do I cancel this?...
  6. My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...

My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...: My PC wrongly filed an "Antivirus Definition Update" in the "Other Updates" section on 30th January 2019. Since then if I try to search for available updates I receive the message "Error encountered. We couldn't connect to the update service". Can I do anything or is this a...
  7. Windows Update returns a message that Windows cannot connect to the update server

Windows Update returns a message that Windows cannot connect to the update server: Windows Update returns a message that Windows cannot connect to the update server and has been returning this message for several days. Why? My internet is working correctly. I am curious why this is an issue and is it Microsoft's problem or mine? Thank you....
  8. Windows Update, All Microsoft Accounts Disabled with Error Message No Internet Connection...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update, All Microsoft Accounts Disabled with Error Message No Internet Connection...: I installed a new version of Windows 10 version 1809. I prefer the new versions to update the current versions As usual Nod Security alerted me to update the new windows and when I went to the update I was surprised by the message that there is no Internet connection !!! Of...
  9. Update message not changing

Update message not changing: I have the message "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" When I click on "Check for Updates", it finds none and...
  10. windows 10 update error message

windows 10 update error message: Hi, I have the following error message when I go windows update in settings - "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont recognize .msg after security update