Windows 10: Windows Update messed up Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku!

Discus and support Windows Update messed up Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, As of the windows update on 1/14/2020, my Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku both had errors and wouldn't let me log into them. I following directions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MtDew68, Jan 20, 2020.

1. MtDew68 Win User

Windows Update messed up Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku!

Hi,

As of the windows update on 1/14/2020, my Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku both had errors and wouldn't let me log into them. I following directions given on this community for both of them. Sudoku is now fine, however Mahjong is not! I'm missing the Numbers theme and want it back! I've followed other comments left in this community to try to get it back using F5 but Standard Themes or Themes in general is not listed in the settings. I'm left with the four themes alone. I've played this game for well over 20 years and never had a problem until this last Windows 10 update! Please help! I just want my numbers theme back!

:)

MtDew68, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Error code 0x803F8001 on Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku

Hi Ellen, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

I'd recommend resetting the Sudoku and Mahjong apps. Here are the instructions to do so:

- Click Start and type "apps & features".

- Select Apps & Features.

- Find the Mahjong and Sudoku apps in the list and select it.

- Click Advanced Options

- Click Reset.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend uninstalling and installing the apps again. You can uninstall them from the Apps & Features window as above.

Please let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Microsoft Mahjong Woes

Hi Don,

We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Mahjong.

To uninstall Microsoft Mahjong, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    You can use this link to install Microsoft Mahjong. On the Microsoft Mahjong page in the Store, select
    Get the game (online) or Install (in the Store app). The game will download and install automatically.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 20, 2020
  4. R-Ellen Win User

Error code 0x803F8001 on Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku

Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku are no longer working.

I get error code 0x803F8001.

How can I fix it, or when will it be fixed?

I can still play other Microsoft games.

R-Ellen, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update messed up Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku! - Similar Threads - Update messed Microsoft

2. Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad: Why do I receive this message on Lenovo Think Pad? Microsoft Sudoku is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. Sudoku works fine on my Dell laptop. Both...
  3. Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad: Why do I receive this message on Lenovo Think Pad? Microsoft Sudoku is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. Sudoku works fine on my Dell laptop. Both...
  4. Microsoft Mahjong not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mahjong not updating: I have a Dell laptop and Microsoft Mahjong is not updating. My desktop has been updated. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but to no avail. Just download the previous version of the game....
  5. Microsoft Mahjong not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong not updating: I have a Dell laptop and Microsoft Mahjong is not updating. My desktop has been updated. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but to no avail. Just download the previous version of the game....
  6. Microsoft Mahjong not updating

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Mahjong not updating: I have a laptop and Microsoft Mahjong is not updating. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but to no avail. Just download the previous version of the game....
  7. 0x803F8001 on Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x803F8001 on Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku: Why has Microsoft not fixed this problem that has been going on such a long time, it is most frustrating.Randomly trying to start this game, it comes up with error code 0x803F8001 on Microsoft Mahjong deluxe on windows 10, I have tried clearing cashe and retarting,...
  8. Microsoft Mahjong won't update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Mahjong won't update: I have a Toshiba laptop and the Microsoft Mahjong will not update. My desktop has updated. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but to no avail. It just downloads the old version of the game....
  9. Error code 0x803F8001 on Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x803F8001 on Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku: Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku are no longer working. I get error code 0x803F8001. How can I fix it, or when will it be fixed? I can still play other Microsoft games....
  10. Microsoft Mahjong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mahjong: Error Code 109_101_101? How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/microsoft-mahjong/752457fd-fe90-46bd-a341-79d9766d022f