Windows 10: Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.

Discus and support Windows Update messed up my downloads folder. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My downloads folder looks completely different now that I updated my computer and I can't figure out how to get it back to normal. I have a picture of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spark-Fluxx, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.

My downloads folder looks completely different now that I updated my computer and I can't figure out how to get it back to normal. I have a picture of how it is now (Imgur Link), I don't have a picture of how it looked before, but it didn't have the "Today," "Earlier this week," etc, thing and just had all my downloads with no separation into different categories by time. I don't know if it can be fixed, as I haven't been able to find it online or find it myself, so I would appreciate some help.

submitted by /u/Spark-Fluxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spark-Fluxx, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 24, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.

1. Windows Update messed up my downloads folder. - Similar Threads - Update messed downloads

2. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  3. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  4. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloads is messed up

Downloads is messed up: Hey so my downloads folder is gone and has nothing In it and is now named c/ and my c drive is full but has nothing in it but my e drive is empty and has everything in it...
  6. Messed Up Changing the Location of the Downloads Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed Up Changing the Location of the Downloads Folder in Windows 10: Hi - this is my first post. I'd appreciate some help correcting an error I made in moving the system folders on my new laptop. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909. I created a Data partition (D:) on the SSD. I want to move the system folders (Downloads, Documents, Music,...
  7. The most recent update messed up my folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The most recent update messed up my folders.: submitted by /u/bitesizeboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0184w/the_most_recent_update_messed_up_my_folders/
  8. WIndows folders messed up

WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  9. Download Folder View is mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Folder View is mess up: I want my download folder view default. How to change it? Now it looks like this. [img] 134766
  10. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...