Windows 10: Windows update messed up my Pc

Discus and support Windows update messed up my Pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NipsBox, Nov 1, 2018.

1. NipsBox Win User

Windows update messed up my Pc

Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly for an hour. With no acess to the actual desktop i cant/couldnt do anything but restart it. Now it flashes a gray desktop over and over and I still cant acess anything. Not even a cursor from my mouse. What is going on with these windows updates and how do I get my pc back?

:)

NipsBox, Nov 1, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update messed up my Pc :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 1, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Windows update messed up my Pc

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows update messed up my Pc

1. Windows update messed up my Pc - Similar Threads - update messed

2. Recent windows update is messing with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent windows update is messing with my laptop: I just went on my computer and put in my pin to see there was an update that I had to do, so I let it run. When I came back, I logged into my laptop again to see it taking longer than normal to load up and the screen starts going black with only my taskbar showing and my...
  3. Recent windows update is messing with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent windows update is messing with my laptop: I just went on my computer and put in my pin to see there was an update that I had to do, so I let it run. When I came back, I logged into my laptop again to see it taking longer than normal to load up and the screen starts going black with only my taskbar showing and my...
  4. Recent windows update is messing with my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Security update KB5034765 Messing with cursor inside CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security update KB5034765 Messing with cursor inside CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO: Hi there .I'm having a problem for about a year or so i try to contact Clip Studio support about it and it didn't go anywhere so i final want to try and ask here for help as i'm really loosing my mind and motivation to do anything .So here the problem for some reason my...
  6. Windows Security update KB5034765 Messing with cursor inside CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO

Windows Security update KB5034765 Messing with cursor inside CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO: Hi there .I'm having a problem for about a year or so i try to contact Clip Studio support about it and it didn't go anywhere so i final want to try and ask here for help as i'm really loosing my mind and motivation to do anything .So here the problem for some reason my...
  7. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.: After this new update KB5034843 my HP laptop has no sound at all, I tried updating and uninstalling sound drivers those did not help. The worst part the bluetooth icon is missing now. Oh and my keyboard settings have changed, the @ button has now became the inverted commas...
  8. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.: After this new update KB5034843 my HP laptop has no sound at all, I tried updating and uninstalling sound drivers those did not help. The worst part the bluetooth icon is missing now. Oh and my keyboard settings have changed, the @ button has now became the inverted commas...
  9. KB5034843 update messed up sound devices.

10. windows update messed up my pc, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update messed up my pc, how do i fix this?: It will disconnect from the wired internet, but like partially sometimes it leaves me in chats and will keep playing youtube videos but i cant open any other websites. or other times it will remove me from chat and it wont let anything load and when i hit the internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update messed up pc

2. windows update messed up my pc

3. messed up windows update

4. update messed up my pc,
  5. windows update messing up computer,
  6. windows update messed up my computer,
  7. windows hellow messed up my pc