Windows 10: windows update messes up audio and network drivers

Discus and support windows update messes up audio and network drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yet again after a wednesday update I turn on my network to find the update has mucked up the network drivers on some machines and I have to reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenHayward26, Jan 30, 2020.

1. windows update messes up audio and network drivers

Yet again after a wednesday update I turn on my network to find the update has mucked up the network drivers on some machines and I have to reset the network on those machines to get them to talk to each other and my NAS drives which hold all my media.

This time it also messed with the audio drivers on some machines so the audio could not be played, Using the troubleshooter program is a waste of time as it cannot find a fault in the systems concerned.

WHY DOES MICROSOFT THINK IT HAS THE RIGHT TO MESS ABOUT WITH OUR MACHINES WITHOUT OUR CONSENT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY WAY IS BETTER, THEY DO NOT OWN THESE MACHINES WE DO!!! IT TAKES TIME FOR US TO PUT RIGHT THEIR MUCKUPS .

:)

StephenHayward26, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 update messed up audio

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which update was installed? Can you help us with the update details?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles below:

Additional Information: If the issue persists, update the audio drivers from manufacturer's website.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

windows update messes up audio and network drivers

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

windows update messes up audio and network drivers

1. windows update messes up audio and network drivers - Similar Threads - update messes audio

2. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  3. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Newest update messes up audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newest update messes up audio drivers.: This is the third time I'm installing the newest update, twice out of will and now because they are forcing me to. Every time I switch to this version the sound in my Sennheiser 4.40 BT headset is stuttery/laggy. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and even buying a new...
  6. Audio messed up

Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  7. Windows update messed my audio up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update messed my audio up: So last night I did the windows update before getting off. Everything was working completely fine, my microphone, dac amp and headphones. Now my dac amp and microphone do not work anymore. I’m assuming the blame is to be put on the windows update as this has previously...
  8. Windows 10 update messed up audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up audio: My computer updated a few days ago and ever since the audio quality has quality has been bad. It lacks bass and sometimes theres too much high end. How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Updates Mess up my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...
  10. Why did my audio drivers messed up after the update

Why did my audio drivers messed up after the update: So i updated my Windows 7 to 10 2 days ago and the sound was too low so i searched up Realtek newest drivers for windows 10 64bit and when i was done installing them my sound was the same nothing changed so then i isntalled DFX audio enhancer and now my sound is louder but...