Windows 10: Windows Update/Microsoft Store erroring out

Discus and support Windows Update/Microsoft Store erroring out in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there! I've recently noticed issue with Microsoft Store/Windows Update service being unable to download anything. Microsoft Store downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Velheor, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Velheor Win User

Windows Update/Microsoft Store erroring out

Hello there!

I've recently noticed issue with Microsoft Store/Windows Update service being unable to download anything.
    Microsoft Store downloads typically do not finish or wind up being interrupted by 0x80D03805 code, which formerly used to be 0x80072F8F before I performed in-place upgrade to a beta channel build via Media Creation Tool.
    Windows Updates stay at 0% indefinitely.

Windows Update/Microsoft Store erroring out [​IMG]

Besides reinstalling Windows, I've tried pretty much everything out there suggested for this type of problem: changing DNS address, resetting WU services, following local tutorials as well - nothing helped, so I would appreciate any help with this.
    Windows version: 20H2/19042.508

:)

Velheor, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Windows Store and Microsoft Edge error: 0x80072EFD on Windows 10

Hi Ghisaram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Windows Store and Microsoft Edge, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message along with error code?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Windows Update/Microsoft Store erroring out

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update/Microsoft Store erroring out

1. Windows Update/Microsoft Store erroring out - Similar Threads - Update Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft Store Update Errors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Update Errors: It shows this when I try to update them all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-update-errors/24a32e12-961e-4085-92a2-30cc3b98451a
  3. Microsoft Store Update Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Update Errors: It shows this when I try to update them all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-update-errors/24a32e12-961e-4085-92a2-30cc3b98451a
  4. Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors: When I open the Microsoft Store, it simply loads for a second before closing itself.When I open the Windows Update section of Settings, I get "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."I have run the troubleshooters.I have reset the Windows Store cache. I have...
  5. Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors: When I open the Microsoft Store, it simply loads for a second before closing itself.When I open the Windows Update section of Settings, I get "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."I have run the troubleshooters.I have reset the Windows Store cache. I have...
  6. Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors.: Hello,for couple last days I'm trying to login into my Microsoft account in Microsoft store, but when I try to add my account, I get error code 0x800706d9. When I tried to login into account I already have been logged in, so I didn't have to add a new account, I get error...
  7. update error in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update error in the microsoft store: I recently deleted some temp files on my windows 10 laptop. Now when I try to update minecraft from microsoft store it updates multiple times. It says completed but then it starts again. I am not able to update my game to the latest version. please help. [IMG][IMG]...
  8. Windows update and microsoft store error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and microsoft store error.: Hey , i have lenovo legion y520 , windows 10 , gaming laptop , and from the past 10 days , i started getting errors in my windows update window and store . I use LAN provided by my college , and the issue is :- from the past few days , when i click on the "check for...
  9. Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors: Windows Update Error, upon manually clicking the update button (when not clicking it upon reboot, it always says that "no updates were detected" even when this is clearly false, as I have had to apply cumulative updates on my own, see below paragraphs): "We couldn't connect...
  10. Error with Windows Update and Microsoft Store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error with Windows Update and Microsoft Store: Hi moderators, I'm currently experiencing what I assume to be a common problem as shown below (Figure 1) with the error code (0x80070424) and I have no idea how to fix it. There also isn't an update history available which I'm not sure why. In a succession of events, I've...