Windows 10: Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors

Discus and support Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update Error, upon manually clicking the update button (when not clicking it upon reboot, it always says that "no updates were detected" even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jason Milionis, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors

Windows Update Error, upon manually clicking the update button (when not clicking it upon reboot, it always says that "no updates were detected" even when this is clearly false, as I have had to apply cumulative updates on my own, see below paragraphs): "We couldn't connect to the update service, We'll try again later, or you can check now, If it doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the internet."

Furthermore, and pay special attention to this, as it might give information that might ring a bell to someone knowledgeable, Microsoft Store App Updates are not working at all (nothing has got updated and apps like "Your Phone" when opened ask that I update them ("A new version of Your Phone app is ready for you to install" and when I click on the "Update" button from in-app, which redirects to Microsoft Store "Your Phone" page, it states that "This product is installed" and doesn't mention any update whatsoever), but Microsoft Store doesn't show any available updates at all).

I really believe the two above problems have to be closely related, but I don't know exactly what service, or database is common, that might be faulty. Slight note: all this happened ever since I upgraded my Windows to version 1903 from 1803. (and I had to apply two cumulative updates on my own after downloading them from the Windows Update Online Catalog, to make sure my computer is secure, since my PC doesn't of course even detect Windows updates, as detailed in the first paragraph)
    All trivial & non-trivial procedures have already been tried, including all relevant troubleshooters, wsreset.exe, Windows Update (SoftwareDistribution) Reset batch files (including all methods from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/windows-update-resources), and even sfc scannow, and dism online image repair, which don't detect any problems whatsoever.

:)

Jason Milionis, Sep 16, 2019

2. 80246002 Error from windows update

Every time I attempt to check for new windows updates, I get the error "Windows could not search for updates" and the error code 80246002. I've searched online quite a bit and only found a few links to Microsoft FixIts, and some commands you could run in attempt to clear it. I've attempted to simply reinstall windows, but even with a fresh copy I still have this error. Does anyone know anything at all that could help?

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 16, 2019
  3. macbeth Win User
    windows update Error number 0x80004005

When i try to update windows. This came up.

[Error number: 0x80004005]
    The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
    For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Thats what it said when i tried updating windows, anyone know why?

macbeth, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors

1. Windows Update & Microsoft Store update errors - Similar Threads - Update Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft Store Update Errors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Update Errors: It shows this when I try to update them all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-update-errors/24a32e12-961e-4085-92a2-30cc3b98451a
  3. Microsoft Store Update Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Update Errors: It shows this when I try to update them all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-update-errors/24a32e12-961e-4085-92a2-30cc3b98451a
  4. Microsoft Store Update Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors: When I open the Microsoft Store, it simply loads for a second before closing itself.When I open the Windows Update section of Settings, I get "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."I have run the troubleshooters.I have reset the Windows Store cache. I have...
  6. Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors: When I open the Microsoft Store, it simply loads for a second before closing itself.When I open the Windows Update section of Settings, I get "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."I have run the troubleshooters.I have reset the Windows Store cache. I have...
  7. Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store / Windows Update errors.: Hello,for couple last days I'm trying to login into my Microsoft account in Microsoft store, but when I try to add my account, I get error code 0x800706d9. When I tried to login into account I already have been logged in, so I didn't have to add a new account, I get error...
  8. update error in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update error in the microsoft store: I recently deleted some temp files on my windows 10 laptop. Now when I try to update minecraft from microsoft store it updates multiple times. It says completed but then it starts again. I am not able to update my game to the latest version. please help. [IMG][IMG]...
  9. Windows update and microsoft store error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and microsoft store error.: Hey , i have lenovo legion y520 , windows 10 , gaming laptop , and from the past 10 days , i started getting errors in my windows update window and store . I use LAN provided by my college , and the issue is :- from the past few days , when i click on the "check for...
  10. Error with Windows Update and Microsoft Store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error with Windows Update and Microsoft Store: Hi moderators, I'm currently experiencing what I assume to be a common problem as shown below (Figure 1) with the error code (0x80070424) and I have no idea how to fix it. There also isn't an update history available which I'm not sure why. In a succession of events, I've...