Windows 10: Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Xbox-client all fail to download

Discus and support Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Xbox-client all fail to download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, On Win10 I have for a long while now but not always had the problem that Windows Update, Microsoft Store, and the Xbox-client are incapable of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NiklasIP, Apr 18, 2020.

1. NiklasIP Win User

Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Xbox-client all fail to download

Hi,

On Win10 I have for a long while now but not always had the problem that Windows Update, Microsoft Store, and the Xbox-client are incapable of downloading anything from new programs to updates. I have partially circumvented the issue of not being able to gain fresh updates to Windows and associated softwares automatically by downloading Win10 upgrades manually and then installing them, but this only takes me so far as e.g. the games I have bought through Microsoft store are unplayable since they and updates like e.g. " Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB4534132" remain out of reach.

Within Windows Update and Microsoft Store any download/update process I start will get to the point where it says "Downloading 0%" but will never actually download anything even if I allow for it to work for hours. I am on a high-speed connection and the same holds true for smaller programs so I feel quite certain that my internet connection is not the problem.

I have tried every solution I can find by searching the web to no avail and wonder if me asking here might bring up a new solution that could work. As I am sure you can imagine the absence of any error messages makes troubleshooting this a very difficult task.

List of all attempted solutions thus far that I can remember:

• Windows Troubleshooter Does not detect any problems
    • Reinstalling Microsoft Store
    • Running:

DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Scanhealth

DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth

• All listed suggestions offered by the support page below short of a clean Win10 installation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4089834/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-updating

• Disabling/Enabling firewalls and antivirus
    • Changed DNS-server settings
    • Updated drivers
    • Given myself full editing access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Finally I should clarify that the problem has not been there since the very first moment I installed Win10 as all of this worked well at the beginning.

I would be immensely grateful for any help.

:)

NiklasIP, Apr 18, 2020

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Rich M Win User
    Microsoft Store failing to update or download

I'm having trouble with Microsoft Store. When I'm trying to update my apps, I get a failed error (0x80070015) and no update. I've come across the following article (Windows store error code 0x80070015) which seems to do no good. Short of re-installing Windows, does anyone have any experience or suggestions to remedy this problem?

This is on Windows 10 1803

Thanks in advance.

Rich M, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Xbox-client all fail to download

Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Xbox-client all fail to download

1. Windows Update, Microsoft Store, Xbox-client all fail to download - Similar Threads - Update Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Roblox after a long time and it said "an error occurred on our side ." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following...
  3. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Roblox after a long time and it said "an error occurred on our side ." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following...
  4. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Asphalt 9 after a long time and it said "There has been an error." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following multiple...
  6. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Asphalt 9 after a long time and it said "There has been an error." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following multiple...
  7. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Store download fails

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store download fails: Hello, i have a problem when i try to install an app from Microsoft Store it fails directly, it didnt do this before but now its not downloading, my internet is so good and i dont know how to fix it so im asking for helpthanks in advance...
  9. Updates from WSUS failing to download to clients

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates from WSUS failing to download to clients: Hi all, I'm having issues with WSUS where clients are failing to download updates from the WSUS server. I'm not sure why because WSUS is set up correctly. [ATTACH] If I take one computer for example: It is currently running Windows 10 Pro 10.0 18362/1903 and I'm trying...
  10. Microsoft store failed download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store failed download: So I've been trying all day to download halo wars 2, but every time I start the download it works for 2min before failing giving me this code: 0x8024001E Tried restarting pc, deleting cache and logging in and out of the acc....