Windows 10: Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?

Discus and support Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I initiate a Windows update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CEC8910, Mar 26, 2020.

1. CEC8910 Win User

Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?

How do I initiate a Windows update?

:)

CEC8910, Mar 26, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Mar 26, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 26, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Currency Gadget no longer updating

My currency gadget is no longer updating, it says: "Cannot connect to service", now I have the sidebar and gadgets installed from 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 on my windows 8.1 laptop.
    I have tried this: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-currency-stock-weather-gadgets-not-updating-windows-7-vista/

But it does not work because I don't have the folder as in step 5:
    5. Delete the folder named 53eab605-3b97-4da0-8e92-ea49d47af529

Did Microsoft stop completely with this service?

Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now? gadgets-jpg.jpg

Does anyone know another solution to fix this?

P4-630, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now? - Similar Threads - Update longer Allows

2. Windows Update no longer automatically updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update no longer automatically updating: After installing KB4052623 on Dec 7 2023, Windows Update no longer automatically updates. It will automatically check for updates and then say "You're up to date", but no security updates actually get downloaded/installed. When I manually press "Check for updates", the...
  3. Windows Update no longer automatically updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update no longer automatically updating: After installing KB4052623 on Dec 7 2023, Windows Update no longer automatically updates. It will automatically check for updates and then say "You're up to date", but no security updates actually get downloaded/installed. When I manually press "Check for updates", the...
  4. Windows not allowing me to update error updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not allowing me to update error updating: Hi,I want to update my windows, but im having error updating my windows PC. It's not updating anything but showing updates avaialble. Please help....
  5. Windows not allowing me to update error updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not allowing me to update error updating: Hi,I want to update my windows, but im having error updating my windows PC. It's not updating anything but showing updates avaialble. Please help....
  6. Windows Update is No Longer

Windows Update is No Longer: hello Windows update is stopped cause of pandemic coronavirus next finally update to 2021 ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-is-no-longer/5bac1b44-a3f9-4463-8c48-9721994d9c7a
  7. Windows Update 1903, installated now I am no longer able to launch update

Windows Update 1903, installated now I am no longer able to launch update: I installed the update for Windows 10 1903. Now when I click on Update & Security from Windows Settings nothing happens. I ran the trouble shooter for the background intelligent transfer service and the only thing that came up was Net Helpmsg 2182. I typed that and ran...
  8. Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.

in Windows 10 News
    Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.: Yes Microsoft is no longer forcing us to download update overhauls when they come out https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...ay-2019-update https://www.ghacks.net/2019/04/04/wi...pdate-changes/ 130196
  9. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:: My printer is hooked up to my other Windows 7 computer in my living room. Since Windows 10 no longer has home groups, I had to gain access to the printer by manually adding the network path to it (and disabling remote password access on my living room computer). This worked...
  10. After latest update, Windows no longer allows greater than 1024x780

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After latest update, Windows no longer allows greater than 1024x780: A few hours ago I received the latest update. After restarting my resolution cannot go beyond 1024 and Windows no longer displays my LG 3D TV but lists it as a generic non PnP monitor. Uninstalled display drivers using DDU and reinstalled latest drivers from nVidia. No...