Windows 10: Windows Update no longer functions

Discus and support Windows Update no longer functions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelRhodes7, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windows Update no longer functions

I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to uninstall KB4485449, it will NOT give me the option to uninstall it. So, my update process is frozen. I tried to do different fixes, including recovery, etc., but none of these will work. I want to start over with a fresh Windows 10 install, but I deleted the installation image of Windows 10, so I no longer have this option either. If I can verify that the copy of Windows 10 on my laptop is activated and has been paid for (as it came with the laptop I purchased), can I get access to a networked version of Windows 10 to download and reinstall on my laptop?

:)

MichaelRhodes7, Aug 4, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Sep 29, 2019
  3. TheDavidW Win User
    After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Sep 29, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update no longer functions

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update no longer functions :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update no longer functions

1. Windows Update no longer functions - Similar Threads - Update longer functions

2. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  3. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  4. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  5. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  6. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 21H1. "Update" is no longer functional. Update Troubleshooter not functional.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 21H1. "Update" is no longer functional. Update Troubleshooter not functional.: Where can I get a full version dvd of Windows 10 Pro? I paid Microsoft Store $99 for WIN 10 Pro Upgrade, but it is download only. The problem is that the download does not work because of the "Update" Function I assume. "Update" and Update Troubleshooter don't function. MS...
  8. Youtube no longer functions after todays update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube no longer functions after todays update: YouTube no longer functions after todays latest 3rd parties cookies security update. TODAY'S UPDATE, NOT AUGUSTS. OCTOBER 16, 2018. WHAT GIVES GUYS?...
  9. bluetooth no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth no longer functioning: My bluetooth function no longer works, the click tab option to engage the bluetooth function is now completely missing. Under device manager the bluetooth device has moved to the 'hidden' tab, I've run multiple troubleshoots for this issue, run searches for any and all driver...
  10. Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome no longer functions after recent Windows update: just get Aw Snap! as soon as it starts up [img] when I attempt to learn more, I learn nothing [img] 62293