Windows 10: Windows Update not able to apply new updates

Discus and support Windows Update not able to apply new updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system is no longer applying Windows Updates since July of 2020. I've tried running the Windows Update Assistant but it got stuck at 99% for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LarryDickerson3, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Windows Update not able to apply new updates

My system is no longer applying Windows Updates since July of 2020. I've tried running the Windows Update Assistant but it got stuck at 99% for more than a day. After attempting the suggested fix of copying the "media" folder to desktop, restarting, and running the "setup.exe" to continue the update, it reverts back and undoes any updates. I have then tried DISM restorehealth and it gets stuck at 62.3% and still running; been over an hour now.

Can anyone help me get Windows Updates working again?

Thanks,

Larry Dickerson

:)

LarryDickerson3, Feb 2, 2021
  2. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Feb 2, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Windows Update not able to apply new updates

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update not able to apply new updates

1. Windows Update not able to apply new updates - Similar Threads - Update able apply

2. not able to search for new updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to search for new updates: i am not able to search for new updates in my windows 7 32bit. Whenever i try it says windows couldnt search for updates. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-search-for-new-updates/32b88d4e-c7ae-4bdc-bb44-71b5c7088ba5
  3. not able to search for new updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to search for new updates: i am not able to search for new updates in my windows 7 32bit. Whenever i try it says windows couldnt search for updates. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-search-for-new-updates/32b88d4e-c7ae-4bdc-bb44-71b5c7088ba5
  4. Windows update will not apply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update will not apply: I have a Windows 7 Pro that will not apply the following updates:Kb4516065 Kb4474419Kb4524752Kb4535102We are trying to catch up on some missed updates. The listed updates will not apply for some reason. The updates download and install just fine initially. After the reboot we...
  5. Windows update will not apply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update will not apply: I have a Windows 7 Pro that will not apply the following updates:Kb4516065 Kb4474419Kb4524752Kb4535102We are trying to catch up on some missed updates. The listed updates will not apply for some reason. The updates download and install just fine initially. After the reboot we...
  6. Windows 10 Pro new install, will not apply updates - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro new install, will not apply updates - 0x80070643: I am attempting to install updates and am getting an 'Error Encountered' with this message:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  7. Windows update will not actually apply?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update will not actually apply?: I've been trying to run updates to v2004 on our network and some machines will go through the motions and actually show as complete and successful, but the update actually isn't applied. It's still on 1909. It's attempted over and over to no avail and I can not figure out...
  8. How apply for update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How apply for update?: Dear Sir/Madam: I have both PCs with w10. One of them often received notices for update, but another seldom has opportunity to update. For instance, now one was urged to update to 1809 many times, but another did not. How can ourselfs apply for updating...
  9. no longer seems able to apply an update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    no longer seems able to apply an update: For those still dealing with this issue of DISM not working, there is a thorough discussion of this on page 30 of this thread, and why many have had trouble, but it may be that from this point the easier thing will be to use the downloaded newer version (1607) and do a Repair...
  10. Windows Updates not getting applied

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates not getting applied: Hi All I have a friends computer - hard disk is running 99 - 100% utilization all the time.... Everything you do on it is painful. I booted into Safe Mode and same issue. So, started by applying all of the firmware updates from his vendor (ACER)... then updated Windows .......