Windows 10: Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous...

Discus and support Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, can you please explain to me why windows update service wont allow my pc to sleep indefinetly???? this issue has been raised going back 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LukasNavickas2, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous...

Hello, can you please explain to me why windows update service wont allow my pc to sleep indefinetly????

this issue has been raised going back 6 months and still no resolve. This is pretty big **** issue when my pc stays up wastes energy that I have to pay for because of error from one of the biggest companies? Your making mine and million others people pc WASTE ENERGY AND CONTRIBUTE TO GLOBAL WARMING, PLEASE TELL ME WHY THERE WAS NO FIX? Like honestly you caused me and millions others increased energy bills with NO FIX BY MICROSOFT best solution given only by regular people is to switch it off indefinetly which then again ignored my disabled selection and restarts the service in a few days. I left my house for 2 weeks with pc NOT GOING YO SLEEP BEING UNAWARE, honestly sort this out ASAP meanwhile ill be investigating my options to see whether filling a claim is an option. Absoluty outraged what is wrong with you guys

:)

LukasNavickas2, Jan 10, 2021

2. Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows won't boot back up from sleep

Check your power settings in the BIOS. Windows 7 sleep mode works fine. I wouldn't suggest disabling it. Why have your system sucking air and spinning drive if your not using it. I have seen some issues with some input devises not allowing the system to go to sleep. But Drone mentioned it

Jetster, Jan 10, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous...

Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous...

1. Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous... - Similar Threads - update allowing sleep

2. My Pc has been freezing and i don't know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc has been freezing and i don't know why.: My pc freezes whenever I play video games.It seems vary how often it freezes depending on what game I'm playing typically more resource requiring games crash faster On event viewer it shows up with the text:The previous system shutdown at 1:26:31 PM on ‎1/‎10/‎2024 was...
  3. My Bluetooth has not been allowing anything to connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth has not been allowing anything to connect.: I tried to connect my headphones but most of the time, they wouldn't even be displayed in available connections. On the off-chance that it does display the device, it would not connect, saying to retry. I have tried the many methods on the first pages of Google but it has not...
  4. My Bluetooth has not been allowing anything to connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth has not been allowing anything to connect.: I tried to connect my headphones but most of the time, they wouldn't even be displayed in available connections. On the off-chance that it does display the device, it would not connect, saying to retry. I have tried the many methods on the first pages of Google but it has not...
  5. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc has been bugging: my pc has been bugging for about a week showing the battery icon even though I don't have a battery, also always saying " the update has failed" and the mouse sometimes just stops movingcan someone help?...
  6. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc has been bugging: my pc has been bugging for about a week showing the battery icon even though I don't have a battery, also always saying " the update has failed" and the mouse sometimes just stops movingcan someone help?...
  7. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Has there been a permanent solution to the MouseCoreWorker issue yet? (PC not sleeping)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has there been a permanent solution to the MouseCoreWorker issue yet? (PC not sleeping): I've got 5 hairs left. I really don't want to lose them. submitted by /u/ayomayo425 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m97r16/has_there_been_a_permanent_solution_to_the/
  9. Numerous issues with 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numerous issues with 1903 update: I want to see if anyone is having similar issues with the 1903 Windows 10 update. I've already tried rolling back and then reinstalling the update, and the same issues are persisting. So what's happening... My computer will run fine for a a few hours, then things start...
  10. Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.: When I try to make my laptop sleep without closing the id, it sleeps for just 1 sec and then wakes up automatically. I used the lastwake cmd line, and found this: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device...