Windows 10: Windows update not available in settings

Discus and support Windows update not available in settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my laptop ... from Start menu I type "windows update" and I get the windows update settings ... quite normal: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Windows update not available in settings

On my laptop ... from Start menu I type "windows update" and I get the windows update settings ... quite normal:

Windows update not available in settings [​IMG]

=============================================================================
    But recently on my desktop I get this (abnormal):

=============================================================================
    OK, so I click Update & Security, and I get this:

Notice that there is NO option for Windows Update in the left-side menu panel. This is abnormal.
    Where did Windows Update go?
    I checked the running services.
    -- Windows Update is running
    -- Windows Update Medic Service was not running, so I started it ... but that changed nothing

How did I lose Windows Update?

:)

margrave55, Jul 15, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows update not available in settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows update not available in settings

1. Windows update not available in settings - Similar Threads - update available settings

2. Windows Update Settings not Available under Win 11 22000.526

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Settings not Available under Win 11 22000.526: I'm in the Preview portion of the Windows Insider Program and installed the 22000.526 Beta a couple of days ago. Since then the Windows Update screens in settings are unavailable. If I try for directly going to the Update History screen, I get the second screen below. I've...
  3. Windows Update Settings not Available under Win 11 22000.526

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Settings not Available under Win 11 22000.526: I'm in the Preview portion of the Windows Insider Program and installed the 22000.526 Beta a couple of days ago. Since then the Windows Update screens in settings are unavailable. If I try for directly going to the Update History screen, I get the second screen below. I've...
  4. Windows update not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update not available: My laptop keeps showing that I have an outdated version of Windows 10 I have 1909 but when I check in the updates section, there are no updates. This is what it shows even after I click on "Check for updates" :...
  5. WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar: Hi,I am facing an issue recently in which the WiFi is not showing up in the network and settings option on the taskbar. When I boot up my laptop , the WiFi gets connected but after sometime it just disappears automatically. Sometimes it comes back on its own, but mostly I...
  6. Bluetooth Settings not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Settings not available: Hello, I am having an issue with my Bluetooth settings on my Laptop a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S Model #: 81FB it started a couple of days ago. In my Actions Center, it does not show the Bluetooth option i have attached an image and also the option to turn on Bluetooth is not in...
  7. Wifi not available in network settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi not available in network settings: It only shows Airplane Mode, so I troubleshoot wifi-2.. restart and it worked.. but now after 10-15 mins it automatically disconnects and again wifi is not seeable submitted by /u/Curse3242 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows update not available in settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update not available in settings: On my laptop ... from Start menu I type "windows update" and I get the windows update settings ... quite normal: [img] ============================================================================= But recently on my desktop I get this (abnormal): [img]...
  9. Quick setting option not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick setting option not available: [ATTACH] After updating to 1903 latest version of windows, i am unable to see this new feature in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-setting-option-not-available/a5d20b33-7554-4818-9de3-9267e01bb2ff
  10. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hi everyone, I know this isn't a Windows problem, but I feel like this is the best forum for me to post in since I got a great and fast response for my problem last time. When I try to open my NVIDIA Control Panel, it always gives me the message: "NVIDIA Display...