Windows 10: Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004

Discus and support Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude 7424. A lot of my information will be instantly displayed in this image below. The bottom line is that my windows update wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenDorsey, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004

I have a Dell Latitude 7424. A lot of my information will be instantly displayed in this image below. The bottom line is that my windows update wasn't installing updates successfully for a very long time. I've only had this Laptop for about a year, but it had a problem with a particular BIOS update.

The Fast Restart setting in Windows 10 kept it from flashing the BIOS successfully with the Dell Command Update tool, while at the same time, it needed certain security updates from Windows Update in order to install it. Something like that. It was very tricky to get sorted finally, but it IS.

The only problem is, my Windows Update isn't seeing any new updates after the last one I just downloaded, some Cumulative Security Preview patch of Windows 10 2004, and I think that I'm SUPPOSED to have a lot more updates I need to download; spanning the years 2004-2020.
    Both Windows Update and "Dell Command Update" say my system is up-to-date, but I can't help but feel like I might be missing updates, and want to make sure that my OS version is up-to-snuff now.
    Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004 f38b9e29-1968-4d1e-b5df-0bda2487dafd?upload=true.png

:)

StevenDorsey, Aug 2, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Aug 2, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004

1. Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004 - Similar Threads - Update Detecting Updates

2. GTX 970 not being detected after Windows Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTX 970 not being detected after Windows Update 2004: My graphics card was working perfectly fine a day ago, and when I installed the new windows update the card spins for 10 seconds then stops, nothing detecting it as well. Is there anyone I can fix this with? This is relatively new to me and I am a novice with computers....
  3. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update: Hi everybody, Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade they are unable to connect to any network share via SMB. These shares are not only on our Domain controller, but also on...
  4. Can't update after 2004 update

Can't update after 2004 update: I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop...
  5. Any important update apart 2004?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any important update apart 2004?: Hello, I installed Windows 10 in February with latest version available on Media Creation Tool, and since then, I always kept auto updates disabled, because my previous Windows 10 installation was screwed and I don't want it to happen again. So, I would like to just update...
  6. Any important update apart 2004?

Any important update apart 2004?: Hello, I installed Windows 10 in February with latest version available on Media Creation Tool, and since then, I always kept auto updates disabled, because my previous Windows 10 installation was screwed and I don't want it to happen again. So, I would like to just update...
  7. No Sound Detected after update windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound Detected after update windows 10 version 2004: Hello I had a problem after updating to the 2004 version After the update, it no longer finds the Realtek sound card, as if it is not connected at all While the laptop sound card is on the board I tried to fix this problem manually by installing the latest version of the...
  8. can not open any programs after latest windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not open any programs after latest windows 2004 update: Hi after the new windows 2004 update I can not open any programs. I get the error can not find for eg. C:/PROGRAMM FILEX86/STEAM/STEAM.EXE make sure the name is correct error Please assist...
  9. Cannot detect Windows 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot detect Windows 2004 update?: Ok, I cannot see it still through windows updates, but when I run Windows assistant May 2020 update, it says that I already have the latest version, and I still have 1909? 157500
  10. After updating to version 2004, the system can't detect any of graphic cards!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After updating to version 2004, the system can't detect any of graphic cards!!!: This problem has already lasted for a month until 18th Mar! As the situation of the topic, I thought it was the driver collapsed at the beginning because I couldn't find the graphic card in the Task Manager. p1 But, no! It's not as simple as I thought! When I opened the...