Windows 10: Windows Update not downloading preview builds

Discus and support Windows Update not downloading preview builds in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was running fast ring builds for windows 10 on another partition, I had been updating this since the original technical preview. I was having some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MadCabbit, Apr 7, 2016.

1. MadCabbit Win User

Windows Update not downloading preview builds

I was running fast ring builds for windows 10 on another partition, I had been updating this since the original technical preview. I was having some performance problems a couple months ago, so I decided to finally update my old windows 8.1 install to 10, eventually doing a fresh install of it and have left insider previews turned off. With build 14316 being announced, I reactivated insider previews, but windows update is not pulling any builds on either the slow or fast ring. I did notice that both installs are showing on my account when I signed on a few weeks back. Is the second install keeping this install from getting insider builds, and how would I go about fixing it?

Windows Update not downloading preview builds [​IMG]

:)

MadCabbit, Apr 7, 2016
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Sanwin2 Win User
    Uninstall latest preview build

One of the advanced options on Windows Update is to allow installation of Preview builds. The uninstall button seems to appear even if you haven't downloaded any preview builds.

MS announced that Windows 10 would be the last ever windows, with regular updates (like the old Service Packs). As part of this process they are regularly releasing preview builds for those who are participating. Once they have the bugs out via the preview
    builds the new/modified Windows 10 will be released and updated via Windows update.

See Fixing Windows 10: New build tweaks Edge, sucks in Skype for
    a review of the latest preview build.

Sanwin2, Apr 7, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi MadCabbit and welcome to Tenforums.

It can take up to 48 hours for you to see an Insider build come through after switching. I don't think your other install has anything to do with it.

simrick, Apr 8, 2016
  5. I got same story,nothing in a week. always been in the fast ring , but nothing shows i this preview.The pre previews where no problem.
    Maybe it my local Norwegian.I see they dont have that if you DL it manuelly.Not sure.

storm shadow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update not downloading preview builds - Similar Threads - Update downloading preview

2. Windows Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Preview Builds: My new PC has received several Preview Builds in Windows Updates over the last 36 hours. The only fix cough cough that I have found is to go to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program and either uncheck Preview Builds or unenroll from the program. I am not a member of the...
  3. Windows Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Preview Builds: My new PC has received several Preview Builds in Windows Updates over the last 36 hours. The only fix cough cough that I have found is to go to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program and either uncheck Preview Builds or unenroll from the program. I am not a member of the...
  4. Windows 11 Preview build 22621.1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Preview build 22621.1 update: I have a laptop that is using a IntelR CoreTM i7-7560U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz This Processor is not on the windows 11 list. This laptop supports all other requirements for windows 11 Including the security requirements. No mention of non suitability of windows 11 was...
  5. Windows 11 Preview build 22621.1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Preview build 22621.1 update: I have a laptop that is using a IntelR CoreTM i7-7560U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz This Processor is not on the windows 11 list. This laptop supports all other requirements for windows 11 Including the security requirements. No mention of non suitability of windows 11 was...
  6. Where to download Windows Server Insider Preview Builds?

in Windows 10 News
    Where to download Windows Server Insider Preview Builds?: [ATTACH]Like Windows 10 consumer edition, Microsoft also offers Insider Preview Builds for Windows Server […] This article Where to download Windows Server Insider Preview Builds? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Updates not showing new preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates not showing new preview builds: I am getting a message that my current windows build 20152 is about to expire tomorrow. When I go to windows update, I am getting a message saying that I am up to date. I made sure that I am signed into my account in the Windows Insider Program pane of the settings. Please...
  8. preview builds

preview builds: i cant turn my diagnosic data to full so i can get preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-builds/bfc4efaf-e001-472d-8e0e-94af337c8384
  9. Failed to download the windows insider preview build iso

Failed to download the windows insider preview build iso: Dear Sir, I am trying to download a windows insider preview build iso from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced But I always get an error, it said ================ We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit...
  10. Windows Preview build .. ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Preview build .. ?: Hello all I just check windows update and found this : [img] What is windows preview ? ..should I uninstall it ..? Thanks . 16939