Windows 10: Windows Update Not Downloading

Discus and support Windows Update Not Downloading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4517389) is not downloading...i have tried to download it from windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NishantBhagat777, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Windows Update Not Downloading

2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4517389) is not downloading...i have tried to download it from windows update...but it stucks at getting everything ready for hours...so i tried to download it from microsoft update catalog ...but it doesn't connect to microsoft server to download update...so i tried it to do from VPN and it started downloading at speed of avg. 40kbps...why it is not downloadable without VPN...is there any way to download it ?

Windows Update Not Downloading 2bb94ccf-97af-46a6-9056-98cf1ed26eea?upload=true.png Windows Update Not Downloading 4fb309a2-fbae-43b5-8de1-6cb946412358?upload=true.png

:)

NishantBhagat777, Oct 28, 2019
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 28, 2019
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows Update Not Downloading

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Not Downloading

1. Windows Update Not Downloading - Similar Threads - Update Downloading

2. Windows 10 Security Update - downloading freezes....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Security Update - downloading freezes....: Hello, As I switch-on my laptop, I keep getting messages that "your device needs security updates" and when I try to down load the Security Updates, the system gets "hung-up" and freezes followed by the following Error Message: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows...
  3. How to install windows update after downloaded?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows update after downloaded?: I updated my PC for win10 pro 1909 version in November 2019 but after that, I found delivery optimization running automatically in background. I couldn't stop the 'DOservice in the Task Manager > Services > DOSvc > Disabled' because task manager denied my access. So , I made...
  4. I'm trying to download a windows update 1903 on my Windows laptop but i keep running into...

I'm trying to download a windows update 1903 on my Windows laptop but i keep running into...: I have a windows 10 laptop it had a virus on it for 2 years.When i removed it i saw my version of windows was 1607 and i'm trying to update it to 1907 but i keep on getting errors.I tried updating from windows assistant and tried renstalling windows but it wont let me....
  5. Error downloading update 0x8e5e03fe

Error downloading update 0x8e5e03fe: Consistently get this message and obviously want to download the update successfully. Any help please how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-downloading-update-0x8e5e03fe/9f536875-5719-4b41-aa7c-32b3cbc54376
  6. Windows Updates Not Downloading

Windows Updates Not Downloading: I’m trying to update my windows 10, but there is one update that refused to even download and it gets stuck at getting things started and never goes over 0%. I’ve looked up so many things to help try and fix it but nothing has worked....
  7. I need help to auto receive and downloading latest updates from Microsoft

I need help to auto receive and downloading latest updates from Microsoft: I need help to auto receive and downloading latest updates from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates/0db8b6ca-e61b-4934-b469-5dcc648b81a7
  8. Download Update for Win10 1903 and not 1909

Download Update for Win10 1903 and not 1909: We want to upgrade some machines from 1809 to 1903 (not ready for 1909). However the Windows update tools even our preferred method of "Windows Update Assistant" want to give us 1909. Every link to do a specific download of 1903 seems to now point to 1909. Any idea if one...
  9. Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...: As the title States I updated to Windows 10 on a gaming rig my friend helped me build seeing as I'm not really a computer guy, my computer had so many problems it could barely function, using help I was able to roll back the update and was super reluctant to touch 10 again,...
  10. Windows 7 KB4534310 (final update) released, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 KB4534310 (final update) released, download offline installers: On January 14, Windows 7 reached the end of life and the operating system will no longer receive any other security patches. Windows 7 KB4534310 is apparently the final update for the OS and KB4534314 is the last security-only update. Windows 7 EOL (End of Life) means the OS...