Windows 10: Windows update not downloading

Discus and support Windows update not downloading in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i have recently done a reset on my windows. but the problem is when i try to update it i cant. it says there is updates available without showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by syrioust, Sep 25, 2017.

1. syrioust Win User

Windows update not downloading

Hi, i have recently done a reset on my windows. but the problem is when i try to update it i cant.
    it says there is updates available without showing what they are and it shows downloading updates but nothing happens as it doesnt use bandwidth.
    is there a manual way to update windows ?
    PS: after the reset my windows is glitched like the clock is backwards (3:55 shows 55:3)

:)

syrioust, Sep 25, 2017

2. Windows Update - Not downloading

By the way, I have this report from the Windows troubleshooter
    Windows update not downloading [​IMG]

VitorB de Souza, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Windows Update - Not downloading

Hello,

I am having some problems with the windows update. Basically, it is not doing anything, but it has something close to 7 downloads pending. It has been "downloading" for 4 hours and no change in the situation, at all. The ways I tried to solve this problem
    were, restarting the PC, using Windows Update Troubleshooter. None of them worked. Is there any other way tro try solving it?

EDIT: The windows 10 is a fresh installation in my PC. I formatted the hard drive and now I'm trying to set it up

VitorB de Souza, Sep 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I suggest you
    a. check your disk (Hard disk sentinel (trial))
    b. do an in-place upgrade repair install (which keeps all programs and data)

dalchina, Sep 25, 2017
  5. syrioust Win User
    ok thanks, i will download the iso first. i will reply the result.

syrioust, Sep 25, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 26, 2017
  7. syrioust Win User
    hi
    i downloaded and installed the windows using the update assistant tool, it solved some of the problems but the update still is freezing on certain percentage (between 1~5% mostly), so im downloading the needed updates manually using microsoft catalog,
    hopefully it fixes my remaining problems.
    Thanks for your help, ill reply my results.

syrioust, Sep 26, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

I wouldn't expect there to be more than 1 or maybe two Windows updates. You can check comments for any update from the thread per update in the News section. Might need a little patience to find it.

dalchina, Sep 26, 2017
  9. syrioust Win User
    thanks for baring with me and my problems.
    my update problem was solved after i downloaded couple of updates in the microsoft catalog website.
    EDIT:im starting a new thread considering its a wrong section in the forums.

syrioust, Sep 27, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Good. sometimes you just have to be patient.. and try again with MS updates.

Always useful to remember the download links are posted in the News section.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update not downloading - Similar Threads - update downloading

2. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  3. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  4. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Roblox after a long time and it said "an error occurred on our side ." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following...
  5. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Roblox after a long time and it said "an error occurred on our side ." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following...
  6. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update: On my Windows 10 laptop Windows 10 home version 10.0.10945 when windows update runs it keeps trying to download/install a Windows 11 version 22H2 update. How do I stop this?...
  8. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update: On my Windows 10 laptop Windows 10 home version 10.0.10945 when windows update runs it keeps trying to download/install a Windows 11 version 22H2 update. How do I stop this?...
  9. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...