Windows 10: Windows update not installed after Year 2018

Discus and support Windows update not installed after Year 2018 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All We have windows 10 System Version 1709, 1607, 1703. We using WSUS to install security update for system. Above Windows 10 version system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vikas Jagtap, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Windows update not installed after Year 2018

Hello All

We have windows 10 System Version 1709, 1607, 1703.

We using WSUS to install security update for system.

Above Windows 10 version system showing in WSUS 100% compliant but when we check system manually under install update it is showing last patch applied on April 2018.

If this is the case then how WSUS showing 100% compliance.

:)

Vikas Jagtap, Mar 20, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 20, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 20, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update not installed after Year 2018

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows update not installed after Year 2018

1. Windows update not installed after Year 2018 - Similar Threads - update installed 2018

2. After years, my Windows installation is suddenly invalid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After years, my Windows installation is suddenly invalid?: I have had a legit copy of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, bought and paid for, installed on my workstation for years, no problems. Recently, I allowed Windows Update to install an 'Important' update. Immediately after, I started getting messages about my Windows...
  3. After years, my Windows installation is suddenly invalid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After years, my Windows installation is suddenly invalid?: I have had a legit copy of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, bought and paid for, installed on my workstation for years, no problems. Recently, I allowed Windows Update to install an 'Important' update. Immediately after, I started getting messages about my Windows...
  4. No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows Update Oct 2018: Why do I loss sound after the Windows 10 Oct 2018 update.? Even with the updated update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-update-oct-2018/4844094d-87f9-47f1-ba26-a30bf7fcf929
  5. Windows not Activated after the 1809 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activated after the 1809 October 2018 Update: This is the second time I'm facing this issue. Two days ago I tried to update to the latest version hoping to see some new features. 1 minute later I got a message saying my windows is not activated. I tried using the troubleshoot option since I have the digital license. It...
  6. My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update: On restarting the computer after downloading and installing the Dec2018 update I noted that the installation was taking a long time and the screen was flashing on and off repeatedly. In installation process gave a message to say that the installation was taking a long time...
  7. After installing the Windows 10 (October 2018) Update cannot update windows next updates by...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After installing the Windows 10 (October 2018) Update cannot update windows next updates by...: Windows 10 OS Build : 17763.55 Dial-up Connection: Airtel 4G Dongle After installing Windows 10 October 2018 update I am unable to install further updates as it shows the error "We couldn't check for updates, because you aren't connected to the Internet. Make sure you...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 not installing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 not installing: [ATTACH] Some users reported that they were unable to install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 on their system. Though there may or may not be any error message specific to this issue, users reported that it reverts to the [...] This post Windows 10 October 2018...
  9. Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018: New data shows that Windows continues to gain market share in the education sector and this is the result of the new affordable devices from Microsoft’s OEM partners. Microsoft leads the charts and Windows continues to be the preferred choice for devices in the education...
  10. after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection: after installing the April 2018 update i have no internet connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/after-installing-the-april-2018-update-i-have-no/e95eb368-1107-4baa-b079-2152046934cb