Windows 10: Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset

Discus and support Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1809 Reset has been done in order to fix a number of small issues, but upon restart, I do not have the drivers for my integrated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Antoine B-ot., Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset

Windows 10 Version 1809

Reset has been done in order to fix a number of small issues, but upon restart, I do not have the drivers for my integrated sound card, and thus I have no sound coming out of it.

I only know that I had DTS Soud+ installed before

:)

Antoine B-ot., Aug 20, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 20, 2019
  3. felipaopl Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset

How do I get DTS sound on a Windows 10 Toshiba C70-C-12U?

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing DTS sound on your new computer and uninstalling Groove music app, we will help you with this issue.

1. Steps to install the DTS sound on Windows 10:

As you get the error message while installing the DTS software saying not compatible, I suggest you to install it in compatible mode on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

2. Steps to uninstall the Groove music app:

As your concern to uninstall the Groove music app, I suggest you to run the following PowerShell command and check if it helps.

Note: You need to close the Windows Store and other apps before executing the PowerShell command. Also, sign-out and sign-in before uninstalling/ installing the apps.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Groove Music app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset

1. Windows Update not restoring DTS Sound driver after reset - Similar Threads - Update restoring DTS

2. DTS Sound not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  3. DTS Sound not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DTS Sound not working?: Hi,I bought a Hyperx Cloud Core 7.1 which comes with 7.1 surround sound and i got a licence also for dtsx but when i play anything and i try to enable the surround sound it is saying the error this audio format is not supported Please find below screenshot for same Whenever i...
  4. Sound settings reset after Window Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound settings reset after Window Update: Windows updated today and reset a sound setting I had configured a while back which allowed me to listen to my stereo mix and pipe it to my bluetooth speaker. I need this for a program I use which analyses the audio as it goes through the stereo mix. I'm not seeing the option...
  5. DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error: I need HELP! I installed DTS Sound Unbound few days earlier thinking I have inbuilt DTS headphone x Inbuilt for my LAP ASUS FX 505DT. Since it did not show licensed and the trial got ended I uninstalled thinking its useless. Now, I have this strange error when I try to use...
  6. Dts Sound issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dts Sound issue: I updated my windows to the new version of 2004 . I own the laptop Asus Tuf gaming FX505DT. It has pre installed DTS Headphone software. With the new update i was not able to control the DTS audio and it is making really fussy noise and is not at all good. Please help me to...
  7. DTS Sound not working?

DTS Sound not working?: So a month Ago I paid for DTS Sound Unbound The license and effectively I got it. It was working fine for a couple months, now all of the sudden it stopped working, every time I try to select it, it does not appear under Windows sonic, rather under "Try or purchase in the...
  8. DTS sound control

DTS sound control: I have just installed windows 10 Pro and updated my drivers but there is no DTS audio control in my computer. If I put on my headphones the sound is coming out from both the headphones and the speaker. How do I get this problem solve...
  9. No sound after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...
  10. Creators Update refusing to install DTS sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creators Update refusing to install DTS sound: Damn MS !!! not a single time without a hiccup ... broke my DTS sound + .....control panel disappeared ....& cannot trace its identity even i install manufacturer drivers( HP laptop - I installed the same driver few days back which installed DTS control panel automatically)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dolby not installed after reset