Windows 10: Windows Update not running successfully

Discus and support Windows Update not running successfully in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Of course, shortly users can simply download April update and manually upgrade bypassing issue. OMG, it has just occurred to me the April Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cereberus, Apr 5, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Windows Update not running successfully

Of course, shortly users can simply download April update and manually upgrade bypassing issue.

OMG, it has just occurred to me the April Update will obviously become known as the AU update. Good job that has never been used before. Oh wait a minute........ ;-).

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
  2. NickJP Win User

Windows Update seems stuck in a loop - when I run it and click on "Check for Updates", the dots chase across the Settings window for about ten seconds and I then get this response:

Windows Update not running successfully [​IMG]

If I click again on "Check for Updates", the same happens and I get the same response again.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1709 build 16299.194. Suggestions on a fix?

p.s. I also booted into safe mode with networking and tried the update from there. When I click "Check for Updates", the dots start chasing across the screen and nothing else happens - I let it run for almost an hour without anything further happening.

:)

NickJP, Apr 23, 2018
  3. is anyone successfully running "Stylewriter" on Windows 10?

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, do let us know the complete error message you receive when you try to run Stylewriter.

For issues related to start menu, I suggest you to run the Start Menu Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

An automated troubleshooter is a tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your computer. These troubleshooters aren't designed to fix every problem, but they're a useful tool to try because they can often save
    you time and effort.

If that doesn't help, try switching the account to a local account and then back to a Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.
    This will not affect your personal files and settings. To proceed with this method, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click Accounts > Your email and accounts

3. Click "sign in with a local account instead" and follow the screen instructions to create the local account.

4. Once you are signed in through a local account, repeat steps 1 and 2 and click "sign in with a Microsoft account instead".

5. Enter your Microsoft account credentials during the setup.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 23, 2018
  4. Windows Update not running successfully

is anyone successfully running "Stylewriter" on Windows 10?

I have contacted the program developers but still no joy with "Stylewriter"

I believe the problem is with Windows 10 as most days I get a "Critical error" message when ever I try to use the START window. So Windows 10 is still not working properly as advertised. Hopefully this will not be another Vista or Windows 8 disaster.

David & LydiaDell, Apr 23, 2018
  5. Masterchiefxx17, Apr 23, 2018
  6. CmmTch Win User
    You might try this tool to get past the update loop, http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html

I've used it a time or two on an an older laptop I had that wouldn't update, apparently there was a needed update that for some reason wasn't getting downloaded and installed.

Be careful what you install, this tool will show more updates than WU does. Maybe install one KB at a time then try WU to see if it's started functioning again.

Another thing is to have a functioning backup, or be sure the windows restore is turned on before proceeding, the update will create a restore point as long as it's enabled.

CmmTch, Apr 23, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Another thing that may work, on the Settings, Update & Security and on the right scroll down to Learn More, can get the offline installer file for either x86 or x64 version. There's others listed like ARM and Windows Server so be careful. Sometimes there's Delta versions but those are for otherwise fully up to date installations.

Berton, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update not running successfully

1. Windows Update not running successfully - Similar Threads - Update running successfully

2. Running backup successfully with win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running backup successfully with win11: Downloaded win11 into my hp desktop and am having problems running backup. Computer message backup failed with error 0x80070002 and today, 0x8100002F. Never had any problem running backup with win10. If I run backup in Norton, no problem. I tried running the win app that was...
  3. Running backup successfully with win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running backup successfully with win11: Downloaded win11 into my hp desktop and am having problems running backup. Computer message backup failed with error 0x80070002 and today, 0x8100002F. Never had any problem running backup with win10. If I run backup in Norton, no problem. I tried running the win app that was...
  4. Task scheduler : Successfully runs intermittently & manually 0x800710E0

Task scheduler : Successfully runs intermittently & manually 0x800710E0: Morning, Have a task that runs daily, most days it works fine. It also runs fine manually. However, some days it doesn't work and I get an error "task scheduler operator or administrator has refused the request". I turned on History and screen shot is attached. any ideas?...
  5. Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎30/‎09/‎2021 OS build 22000.376 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0 Dell XPS 8940This an upgrade from Windows 10 Pro and is an Insider Beta build. I have recently restored an image from 22nd December...
  6. Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully

Windows 11 Will Not Update Successfully: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎30/‎09/‎2021 OS build 22000.376 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0 Dell XPS 8940This an upgrade from Windows 10 Pro and is an Insider Beta build. I have recently restored an image from 22nd December...
  7. Windows Updates - None of these updates are successfully completed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates - None of these updates are successfully completed: Hi, My system shows "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." but when I proceed with the update, it fails with this message "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or...
  8. Cannot successfully update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot successfully update Windows 10: Windows update status seems to be stuck on "An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now." The quality update history shows that installation of 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for...
  9. How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?: Sorry to be creating a thread on this, but this is important because it involves Windows Update. My Windows 10 PC was just about to restart and complete the install of the newest Windows 10 Update, but I accidentally cancelled the restart. I then tried to restart it by...
  10. Successful updates retries and fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Successful updates retries and fails: KB4020102 was updated successfully on 26/5/2017. I usually have metered wifi. Today I connected to ethernet. Same KB is trying again and again. Now it hangs. Please see pics below. [img] [img] What to do now? 85573